Old 05-04-2008, 11:37 AM
Whitetail

Lightbulb place to take dad for hunt

Vicki and Ralph: My dad has terminal lung cancer, that he will be starting radiation and kemo for May 8. As it is now they give him 6 months to a year to live. I need to for him and myself to take him on the best hunt I can afford. I would like to keep it close to home so he can continue treatment. I s there anywhere in N.Y. or not to deep in P.A. you can recommend. He has indicated before he would like to shoot a bison, russian boar, or of course a once in a lifetime buck. (which is his nickname). He doesn"t know that I am trying to do this, so I would love to do it before he gets to sick. Any place suggested would hopefully be able to adjust to his disability. I would greatly appreiciate your input!!!
Old 05-05-2008, 10:42 AM
Caribou

Carl, there is a place in Sourthwestern PA, maybe too far for you.., but it's called High Ridge Hunting Preserve. The owners name is Fred Kaminsky and he's a super nice guy.

It's not really my kind of hunting, but he'll get anything you want to hunt. I hunted boars there a couple times with some of my elderly family members that couldn't do an actualy wild hunt.

Here's the website.

http://www.highridgehunting.com/

I'll say this, while it is a high fence operation, the pigs are as wild as can be. They hide well, run at the sight of people and I've been chased by them on a couple of occasions while trying to drive them out of the thickets. The only thing I didn't find too "wild" was the deer. That's my opinion only though. To each his own.

Let me know if I can be of any more help.

Adam

"I suppose it's the way of hunters. We are very odd fellows." ~ Peter Hathaway Capstick
Old 05-11-2008, 04:37 PM
Muley

Carl,
We wish you and your Dad the very best, please read Adam's info, we are not too familar with a lot of things out in the east, but maybe others can join in and maybe help you and your DAD out. Our prayers go out to you and your family and we are sorry we can't be more help...God Bless!
Old 05-12-2008, 01:55 PM
Moose

Here is a link Stony Fork Hunts - Wellsboro, PA Game Farms @ YELLOWPAGES.COM
Stony Fork Hunts - Game Farms, Fish Hatcheries, Hunting & Fishing Preserves in Wellsboro, PA. Get contact info, directions and more at YELLOWPAGES.COM
http://www.yellowpages.com/info-LMS5...ony-Fork-Hunts

My buddy and I hunted for exotics here about 10 years ago. It shouldnt be to far from you. Also do a search for Tioga boar hunting. Thats another place that isnt to far. Good luck!
Old 05-25-2008, 06:56 AM
Whitetail

Thumbs up place to hunt

Thanks to those of you that read this thread and extra thanks to those that replied!
Old 05-27-2008, 07:25 AM
Moose

Carl you need anything send me an email.