Old 04-26-2008, 09:01 PM
Moose

Default Help trouble shooting camera!!!!!!

Hopefully someone can help! My input 2 for my mic doesnt work. Is there a simple fix or do i need to send somewhere to get fixed?
Old 04-26-2008, 09:06 PM
Caribou

what camera?

Don't miss the new epidsodes of ARCHERS CHOICE. Mondays at 10:00am, Tuesday at 6:00 am and Sundays at 12:00 est!!
Old 04-26-2008, 09:11 PM
Moose

OOps! Its a Sony pd-170.. It figures today our turkey season opens and something needs to go wrong with the camera. I will only be using the shotgun mic now.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:23 PM
Caribou

Haven't used the 170 before, I've got an HVR-Z1U I know you've probably checked but did one of the switches get turned off? Or in the menus there is a option to turn each one off or combine them and also do some other stuff, you may want to check there. Sony has a pretty good website, if you search enough they may have an answer for you. Good Luck!!!

Don't miss the new epidsodes of ARCHERS CHOICE. Mondays at 10:00am, Tuesday at 6:00 am and Sundays at 12:00 est!!
Old 04-27-2008, 08:23 PM
Antelope

Angry

If you put a jack into it, most likly the female connection is bad. most of the time it's a bad connection. The female jack can be removed and the connection clips can be bent closer togather so the male connector contacts both the female connectors. This will require opening the camera.
Grant