Old 01-13-2008, 03:28 PM
Caribou

ACM Ralph, seems to me thats where I got the shellfish. and that it stinks is an understatement. be bringing more with me this spring as well. Yeah baby!!!
Old 01-13-2008, 08:15 PM
Muley

The bacon spray works well too from the company Ralph mentioned. The scent is amazingly strong. I'll have to try the shellfish spray this year along with the bacon. Thanks for the tip Ralph.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:25 PM
Caribou

bearscents are awesome! Shellfish and Bacon has worked well for me in the past while in Saskatchewan. The outfitter swears by the bacon, however I shot a bear over the shellfish I put out after he got done rubbing the tree and rolling on the ground where I poured it! That was an interesting skinning job! Those guys are great to deal with too! I know they go to the Wisconsin deer and turkey show, they may do other shows as well?

Don't miss the new epidsodes of ARCHERS CHOICE. Mondays at 10:00am, Tuesday at 6:00 am and Sundays at 12:00 est!!
Old 01-15-2008, 07:18 AM
Bighorn

I think I'll order up some bacon spray for the spring.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:24 AM
Muley

I have had pretty good luck with the products from Bear Bomb. The sow estrus worked pretty good around active baits relaxing the sows as well as bringing in the trolling boars. I also used their beaver castor as well as the hickory which smells just like bacon cooking in the fall and spring.

I'll definately look at the bearscents stuff for my next hunt. Getting around their nose helps a lot.

Last edited by Grnmtn; 01-21-2008 at 08:26 AM.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:08 PM
Antelope

Quote:
Originally Posted by timba View Post
another thing we tried this spring was taking KFC oil and doing a burn with it.The smell of the oil would make me so hungry.
burnt honey is a deadly attractant. another thing we do is to dilute honey, corn syrup or even mallases into a spray bottle and spray around the bait, tree stand, and the trail. works pretty good.

Darton Pro 3000---Darton Wrangler---Elite GTO---Elite Synergy XT---Bowtech Allegiance---Archery Research AR-31---Carbon Express---Muzzy MX-3
Old 01-28-2008, 06:24 PM
Caribou

Quote:
Originally Posted by timba View Post
has any one tried the bear scent products,I was thinking of giving it a try this spring.

http://www.bearscents.com/index.html

timba
I bought the bacon scented attractant this year, but I haven't used it yet. Some of the best Maine guides use it so I figured I'd give it a try. I have a location selected so I'll put together a plan for this year's season. Wish me luck.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:40 PM
Muley

beaver is by far the best bait but cooking grease spread around the bait site works well to bring in new bears from far away as the bears spread the grease all through the bush
Old 03-30-2008, 05:26 PM
Bighorn

Me and my hunting partner are going to give the bear bombs a try,I ordered 3 hickory bacon and 2 sow in heat.

Brizzy I'm working on getting a few beavers too for bait.

timba
Old 03-30-2008, 06:07 PM
Muley

Default beavers

im kinda lucky the butcher in town is also a trapper and i get all the pork scraps and his beaver carcasses as well cant ask for anything more all free i set about 1o sites on average of 12 bear at each site 80 % colour