Old 01-15-2008, 04:07 PM
Elk

Default Hog hunt

Who on here hunts wild hogs? I'd like to learn how.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:21 PM
Caribou

Going to Texas in March. First time so I'll be learning then. Can't wait for some pork loin.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:24 PM
Muley

Hog hunting you say? GOOD MAN! I've been hunting those critters for the past decade or so. Wish I knew about it a decade before that!

It's fun, fast, and furious if you hunt over hound. Spot and stalk those buggars and you'll think whitetail are second to the hogs. The ol' porker has an accute sense of smell and will stop on a dime if it picks up your scent. Eye sight is debatable, but don't think they're blind.

If you're looking to bowhunt hogs, email me. I organize the largest hog hunt in the U.S. each spring in TN. Actually I had to move the dates up from the normal first week of March which is a great time to hunt them to early February this year.

Actually, Ralph and Vicki donated a PILE of goodies for our hunt last March as it marked our 10th anniversary hunt.

Once you hunt them, you could be hooked! I was, and I still can't shake that pork-monkey from my back!

My email addy is: bukhntr1@woh.rr.com
Old 01-15-2008, 05:47 PM
Moose

Something I want to do sometime. Just didnt make time to do it.
Old 01-15-2008, 06:00 PM
Black Bear

Send a message via MSN to HurricaneCreek

I'll be headed to southern OK in about three weeks for my second attempt at them. I severely underestimated those critters on my first trip and came home empty handed. I'm hopin' to make up for that this time around!

PSE X-Force SS
Wac 'Em Tritons

You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need---Vernon Howard
Old 01-15-2008, 07:07 PM
Caribou

Is there any place in the midwest that has a good population of hogs on public land? Where in TN do you go?

Don't miss the new epidsodes of ARCHERS CHOICE. Mondays at 10:00am, Tuesday at 6:00 am and Sundays at 12:00 est!!
Old 01-16-2008, 10:33 AM
Elk

Check out my post in this thread about hog hunts:
http://www.archerschoicemedia.com/fo...read.php?t=146
Old 01-16-2008, 11:46 PM
Antelope

We go to Texas every year, huntin hogs is a blast with a bow!!
Old 01-17-2008, 12:23 AM
Elk

Tim - Anywhere here in Texas it seems like is covered up with hogs. There is public land 15 minutes from me that is archery only on hogs.

I also hunt in Streetman and Mexia. TONS of hogs. here are a few pics. I love hunting them every bit as much as hunting deer! And, the meat tastes great! Best breakfast sausage you'll ever taste!

Here are some pics

Click to enlarge
Boar Skull5.jpg 16Hogs Picture.jpg My Boar Shot1 020307.jpg Hog Hunting Sow4 2005.jpg

Kevin

Pro Staff: Bowtech, Alpen Optics, ThermaCELL, Hawglite, RedHawk Archery, StarrFlight Archery, ProString, Valkyrie Archery, Global Outfitters, Buck Bomb, Mossy Oak
Old 01-17-2008, 01:06 PM
Elk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradtech View Post
Hog hunting you say? GOOD MAN! I've been hunting those critters for the past decade or so. Wish I knew about it a decade before that!

It's fun, fast, and furious if you hunt over hound. Spot and stalk those buggars and you'll think whitetail are second to the hogs. The ol' porker has an accute sense of smell and will stop on a dime if it picks up your scent. Eye sight is debatable, but don't think they're blind.

If you're looking to bowhunt hogs, email me. I organize the largest hog hunt in the U.S. each spring in TN. Actually I had to move the dates up from the normal first week of March which is a great time to hunt them to early February this year.

Actually, Ralph and Vicki donated a PILE of goodies for our hunt last March as it marked our 10th anniversary hunt.

Once you hunt them, you could be hooked! I was, and I still can't shake that pork-monkey from my back!

My email addy is: bukhntr1@woh.rr.com
Hey, TradTech! You got my email yet?