Old 01-18-2008, 12:29 AM
Elk

Used to hunt an area that had a dirt county road through the middle of it. I hate when It's just about that time (Sun going down, etc) then trucks are driving through. Not one after the other mind you. Perfectly staggered, say one every 5 minutes or so. Drives me nuts! The other would be when duck hunting on public land and some knucklehead parks his happy butt 50 yards from you when you've been there in that spot since 3:30 AM! Another would be hunting on public land then some knucklhead disobeys the law and is driving his 4-wheeler through there.

Kevin

Pro Staff: Bowtech, Alpen Optics, ThermaCELL, Hawglite, RedHawk Archery, StarrFlight Archery, ProString, Valkyrie Archery, Global Outfitters, Buck Bomb, Mossy Oak
Old 01-18-2008, 06:55 PM
Muley

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullmoose38 View Post
Something that bugs the crap out of me is trespassers. I have private land that other people have permission to hunt. I dont mind that but the people that just come in at will with no permission. Lets just say it irritates me especially in archery. Im sure many of you are with me on this one.
I totally agree. I got permission for my dad and me on this small parcel of property, 40 acres. I cannot begin to tell you how many guys patrol the border of it, look to see what vehicles are parked where, then if they see none, venture onto it. Its not difficult when its only my dad and me hunting it because the owners live 14 hours away, but yet all these footprints in the snow amazingly appear...
My dad caught 1 guy trying to corral a yearling doe on it trying to push her off the property onto the neighboring property to shoot her. My dad asked what he was doing, he said I don't have my gun, which he didn't, but my dad said and just because you don't have a weapon means you can tresspass on posted property??? He then tried to say it was shot and bleeding, dad said, it crossed in front of me perfectly fine and they went down to the trax in the snow & he said, where's this blood from the shot you speak of??? Guy walked off.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:01 PM
Moose

Guys like that need to be hung by their toenails!!!

http://www.huntsd.net/

http://www.beesource.com/forums/index.php

http://www.purgatoryironworks.com
Old 01-18-2008, 09:40 PM
Caribou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monie View Post
Guys like that need to be hung by their toenails!!!
OUCH!!!!! that would hurt......but I do agree.....
Old 01-28-2008, 06:20 PM
Caribou

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiana boy View Post
It pertains to hunting but not while hunting but I get tired of hunters bashing other hunters. If whatever you are practicing is legal by your state's standards then have at it. We need to stop bashing each other and stick together. While hunting though I can not stand someone just tromping through the woods not trying to be quiet. Drives me nutts!!!

I was thinking the exact things that you posted but one additional peeve of mine is when I am hunting and another hunter sees me in my stand, they walk right to the base of my stand then start up a conversation.

I sometimes spend an hour or more walking the 1/4 mile to my stand, making sure that I am quiet and the woods are still. ARRRRRGG!!!
Old 01-29-2008, 12:31 PM
Caribou

Tresspassers, just like you guys said it's hard to keep an eye on all of the land out here.

some people.

DOUBLE G OUTFITTERS
Old 01-29-2008, 02:25 PM
Antelope

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullmoose38 View Post
We use to have a dog problem. Man I am glad those people moved.
a good way to deal with the dogs (if you can get close) is to pour molasses down there backs. it doesnt hurt them but it does make a mess of everything they come 2 feet of i had to do it to a neighbour's dog when their first response to the issue was..."we cannot take the necessary required steps at this time to ensure the dog does not come over"...after i must of stood there with a stunned look for about 5 minutes, i said no problem.

never had a problem with their dogs again.

Darton Pro 3000---Darton Wrangler---Elite GTO---Elite Synergy XT---Bowtech Allegiance---Archery Research AR-31---Carbon Express---Muzzy MX-3
Old 01-29-2008, 04:50 PM
Caribou

I never herd of that one before, and it's not a bad idea hmmm...

DOUBLE G OUTFITTERS
Old 01-29-2008, 04:57 PM
Black Bear

Send a message via MSN to mnsqueeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by musky_xl View Post
a good way to deal with the dogs (if you can get close) is to pour molasses down there backs. it doesnt hurt them but it does make a mess of everything they come 2 feet of i had to do it to a neighbour's dog when their first response to the issue was..."we cannot take the necessary required steps at this time to ensure the dog does not come over"...after i must of stood there with a stunned look for about 5 minutes, i said no problem.

never had a problem with their dogs again.
i did the same thing ., and we never saw the dog over again!!!
Old 01-30-2008, 06:54 AM
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsqueeze View Post
i did the same thing ., and we never saw the dog over again!!!
I will add that to my bag of tricks!