Old 04-07-2008, 10:54 AM
Antelope

Quote:
Originally Posted by timba View Post
If your looking for a good taxidermist my hunting partner as a shop in llyodminster,he does all my work.He might be cheaper then orion tax.I looked at getting my lynx done there a few years ago and it was way to much for me.

good luck,I'll be out that week to hunt bears north of llyod.

timba
Actually I am going with a local taxidermist that has mounted my deer in the past. He is going to meet me after we land and get the hide prepared. I figured that I am going to save at least $500-$700 in shipping fees alone. The price of the actual bear mount does not bother me as long as I am getting quality. I would rather pay more and wait longer than the try to go the cheap route if you know what I mean. This was I can stop by the shop and check progess on the mount from time to time.

Here is my Taxidermist website:

http://www.clarkstaxidermyschool.com/

Last edited by Buckfever4life; 04-07-2008 at 10:57 AM.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:20 PM
Whitetail

Hi Buckfever4life
-I am also scheduled for a bear hunt May 11th 2008 at Larson lake outfitters- hope your travels go well. I have been told that you can not ship a firearm into Canada that you intend to use for a hunt (non-commercial) you must declare it at customs with the required paper work plus pay their fee. Lic is good for 60 days. I have elected to use a bow just to ease the travel problems with firearms into canada. Looking forward to meeting you - polarbear from PA
Old 05-06-2008, 03:52 AM
Antelope

We have our Declaration form (unsigned) and ready to go with our rifles. I guess the fee was $50 and now its like $26 or something. Where are you flying out of? We are flying out of Columbus, OH Sunday 11th at 4PM and we will arrive in Toronto at 5:30 PM, then we leave Toronto at 8:00 PM and arrive at Saskatoon at 9:30 PM. Its like a 1 1/2 hour drive to camp from the airport, so we will be arriving late in the evening a little before midnight. We are fying out on Friday the 16th, so we only have 4 days to hunt. There are 4 of us on a group and I wonder how many hunters are in camp at a time?