Old 01-11-2008, 06:49 AM
Moose

Default Any 3-d shooters?

Any of you shoot 3-d? Whats your average?
I use my hunting setup and shoot probably around a 270 average. I can never put a good shoot together. I either have a good first 15 and a bad last 15. Or the other way around. We might go Sundayy to a local shoot.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:53 AM
Black Bear

Only in my back yard and on average I hit the target!
Old 01-11-2008, 08:18 AM
Muley

Planning on doing a bunch with my family this summer, when Tara is not playing softball. It is the one thing we can all do together and enjoy.
I love 3-D's even though I'm just an average shooter 230's -my distance judging needs work! It is just so much fun. I did some serious shooting in the early 90's and had alot of wins-but there werent many women in those days-many times I was the only one.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:36 AM
Moose

I have trouble guessing yardage too! When it gets past 35 yards I really have trouble.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:01 AM
Caribou

I only shoot for fun but probably average in the upper 270s. I actually shot a perfect 300 when I was in high school. Given that I shot EVERY day then and the course was ridiculously easy (20 yards was the max range for my class) it isn't all that impressive of a feat.

I just wish I could shoot that well when I hunt!

"I suppose it's the way of hunters. We are very odd fellows." ~ Peter Hathaway Capstick
Old 01-11-2008, 01:59 PM
Muley

We shoot 3d somewhere everyweekend during the season, usually average in the upper 280's low 290's. I am setting up a course and starting a new club this year as well as shooting ASA and some IBO not to mention the other local clubs.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:21 PM
Whitetail

try to shoot twice a month during season, I shoot my hunting rig high 270 can't put 30 targets together. thats why we keep going back.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:46 PM
Black Bear

I shoot 3-Ds when ever possible. As far as scores and averages itís hard to say. It depends on a lot of things: are you shooting 12, 11, or 10 point targets? IBO or ASA format? # of targets? And most important is who set it up? Some courses are easy and others are tough. What I do is compare my score with every one else in my class MBR to see what a good score would be. If Iím in the top 5% Im happy top 10% is ok, less then that and I know I did something wrong. This year I plan on going to some of the big ASA and IBO shoots and see how I can do in the big pond.
As far as yardage goes itís a learned skill. You have to practice it to get good at it. I took a few years off and just started back last year. My biggest problem was yardage as the season progressed it started coming back. I hope by the end of this season to be back to 100%.
This last year I got my 10 yr old son into it. I think this year he will do pretty well for himself. I just try to tell him itís about being out side and just having fun. He thought it was really fun when he almost had a higher score them my brother law. My brother law looked like a long tail cat in a room of rocking chairs by the end of that shoot. I guess he knows that my kid would not have let him forget that.

Take a kid out shooting. Try 3-D, they love it.

Hoyt Carbon Matrix Plus- Now On Order!!!
FMJ
Scent Lok
Old 01-12-2008, 09:40 AM
Caribou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
I only shoot for fun but probably average in the upper 270s. I actually shot a perfect 300 when I was in high school. Given that I shot EVERY day then and the course was ridiculously easy (20 yards was the max range for my class) it isn't all that impressive of a feat.

I just wish I could shoot that well when I hunt!
ADAM...I had to chuckle a little bit, when I read the last part of your post....shoot to kill!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-13-2008, 07:18 AM
Caribou

never have but I'd like to try it
NAP Spitfires