Old 04-01-2008, 07:58 AM
Elk

OOPS! In my earlier post I said my cam could take pics out to 50 yards. I meant at night it could take pics up to 50 FEET with no flash. Sorry for misleading anyone. Simple typo!

Kevin

Pro Staff: Bowtech, Alpen Optics, ThermaCELL, Hawglite, RedHawk Archery, StarrFlight Archery, ProString, Valkyrie Archery, Global Outfitters, Buck Bomb, Mossy Oak
Old 04-01-2008, 11:15 AM
Muley

Default too many to count

i have about 10 cams. they all work(some better than others...) they range from about 40.00 to 400.00 the cheapes i use when its a high traffic area..that theres a chance some might walk around...the flash kind of gives it away..you would be suprised how manystray people walk through the woods..posted or not..the cheap wildview are good for that...they only want to work in warm to cool weather..dont work well cold ...steilth cam ir works well when you get cool to cold black& white sucks....much harder to pick out whats in the pic. if its not close...ir is nice no flash..but you do see a big red light ..the problems w ir is they are bigger...stands out much more...harder to hide...and at the price it wont take long to piss you off if there missing..the cheap moultrees i have arnt too bad..they work in cool weather just have to put them where the deer stop..at about 100.00 its not to bad for the price..lots of batt.though.....& dont work well when it hits the freeze mark.. the moultree ir 60 is a great one..1 set of batt. last for ever pic are great..fast trigger..all you could aks for...but the price..kills,,size is hard to hide..but if you have a safe place its great...love the pic.viewer ..can see when your at the cam..also works at any temp...when making your choise u need to diside what your willing to lose...sorry but its true...i lost 5 tree stands last yr alone...but no trail cams.. i even got pic. of them stealing my stands ,, just think of where your gonna put them then buy them for the spot.. I hope this helps you your friend......MARTY
Old 04-01-2008, 08:10 PM
Muley

Thanks for the information Marty and do know it is all greatly appreciated.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:38 AM
Muley

Default trail cams.

your welcome...i tryed to include as much as i could ....if you have any questions..feel free to contact me..i will help if i can......see ya in the woods..marty
Old 04-02-2008, 12:32 PM
Caribou

I have the Stealth cam and it has a locking cable. Do the others have any type of locking mechanism? I'd be pretty p**** if someone stole mine.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:51 PM
Muley

Default trail cams

yes most have some type of locking system(cost more) the problem is if they want it there gonna get it.....thats why i like moltrees newer ones they have a lock out..if they steal it ....to get it to turn on (without the code you have to send it in) and if you send in the reg. card they send it back to you...no matter who sends it to them.....at least you got a chance to get it back...and if not you get to know that they cant ever use it.....( good ting to know if your buying a used one....if you dont have the right code there usless) cant sell a hot one.................marty
Old 04-17-2008, 05:58 AM
Whitetail

I'm in the market also.Is it worth the investment to get the model with the IR or is the one with the flash adequate.I can buy 2 of the ones w/o the IR for the price of 1 with IR.Looking on cabelas web site the 2 major differences are memory and IR/flash.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:26 AM
Moose

Wow, Marty! Thanks for all that great info!! I've been looking into these things. I was thinking of getting the cheap ones for the land I hunt - public. I figured it was easier to lose $35.00 than it is to lose $350.00.

I lost a tree stand last year too. Freakin' thieves. Get a freaking job and get your own.

http://www.huntsd.net/

http://www.beesource.com/forums/index.php

http://www.purgatoryironworks.com
Old 04-17-2008, 09:31 AM
Elk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monie View Post
Freakin' thieves. Get a freaking job and get your own.
Amen to that!
Old 04-19-2008, 11:46 AM
Muley

Thumbs up ir vrs. flash..

thanks ...just trying to help.....both ir and flash are nice..early and pre rut its nice to see whats in the area both day and nite..flash being smaller its easer to hide..flash is limeted to distance ...not many people mve through the woods at nite..that is till hunting ....just dont set the flash too close together..just like hunting one twig snap gets your att.two snaps and you know where it came from......one flash every 5 min and if some one spots it they will useally will give up before the next flash(or at least move away from the area ....its better to get one pic. and stop then to lose a cam...if you have a spot you know no one can get to it...the ir is the way to go...longer distance...better pic....and if you can get vidio it perfict...the ir you have to be closer to see it(not as easy to steal if you dont see a flash...) i love the newer moltree..pic is much clearer than my stelth cam..and must have color....it makes it much easer to see hidden animals....... any more questions ..feel free to ask......................thanks marty