Old 03-18-2008, 07:49 PM
Caribou

Default Bow Cases?

What do you all recommend for a decent bow case to take on an airline. I'm thinking of doing some travelin' in the near future and would like to get a case for my compound.

One that will protect the bow but won't damage the wallet if you know what I mean. I've seen them as low as $30 and as high as $250.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:03 PM
Caribou

I know a lot of the posse uses Plano cases, and have great luck with them. I use to use the aluminum cases but now that I've used the plano stuff I like them much better. First they are much cheaper than an all aluminum, they also are lighter and in some cases more compact. Here's a link to the one I like

http://planomolding.com/content/inde...=25&partid=336

Don't miss the new epidsodes of ARCHERS CHOICE. Mondays at 10:00am, Tuesday at 6:00 am and Sundays at 12:00 est!!
Old 03-18-2008, 11:25 PM
Bighorn

I gotta go with Tim on this one. My son has now inherited my Plano. I really miss it. My wife was afraid my bow wasn't forking with it and she got me a Dosko Pro 44. Her heart was in the right place, and over all it's not a bad case. Pretty sturdy. The problem is I've had it for over 3 weeks now, and the dang foam they use to contain the shafts let go the minute the warm weather started here. I have been trying like crazy to find the rubber shaft locks I had with the Plano, but they are impossible to find. I may just have o buy another Plano case. I can't wreck the boy by taking his case back. That would be wrong...

Hope that helps!
Old 03-19-2008, 07:55 AM
Antelope

For added protection to your bow pack as many clothes into the case as well the airport staff are not that friendly to luggage or your bow.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:04 AM
Caribou

SKB Brand bow cases....they can't be beat! I have them for my guns and bow and I never had anything get damaged or off zero.
NAP Spitfires
Old 03-19-2008, 10:04 PM
Black Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakcreek View Post
For added protection to your bow pack as many clothes into the case as well the airport staff are not that friendly to luggage or your bow.
Thats good advice about the clothes. Never thought about that. A little added protection. I'm looking for a case for my bow as well. This is one of the things I research the most. When I bought my gun case for travel I was banging it around in the aisle testing it.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:21 PM
Muley

I have been looking at the SKB myself. I would speak to the airlines you are going to use and see what their specifications are for airline approved cases. For the Caribou hunts I have been on the restrictions were a bit less then what I understand for other types of hunts in the states. But as I said I am still in the research stage myself for my Colorado hunt this sept... if I draw. Third time should be a charm right.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:48 AM
Whitetail

Well, I purchased a Plano last summer for my bow, and while I feel it does protect the bow well for impacts, if it is raining the foam gets soaked!!!!!!!! Now this was only about $50 when I bought it, but the water getting in was very disappointing.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:35 AM
Black Bear

I saw a post on another site about Lakewood bow cases. They looked pretty good. Have no idea of the price.
Old 03-29-2008, 01:55 PM
Muley

Hey Guys,
We have used our Plano cases all over and they have never let us down, I know what you mean about the water, but as far as the rubber arrow holders go, give Plano a call they will probably send you some out, and if not call us here at the studio and I will look to see if we have any extra.
MAKE A NOTE.....The airlines are making it harder and harder to travel with our bows and guns, they are going to make it 60inches total WxH and they are going to charge you extra for anything bigger. So here is hwat we ahve been doing, we ordered the Plano double bow case and we pack our clothes in one side and our bow and arrown and gear in the other, it works great and they can't cry about to many bags. The biggest thing we found with the Plano is they are lighter to start out with and once you add all your gear you are still lighter than most of the cases out there.
I can tell you with our TC Pro hunters we take them down and with the scope they fit in a Plano take down case and this fits right in your luggage but must be locked. Ralph