Old 03-07-2008, 12:09 PM
Caribou

Default More birds

Driving home from work last night it was a nice sunny, relatively mild day so I detoured to pass several large fields that I hoped would have birds in them.

Sure enough, the first field I come to has 3 "toads" in it, right next to the road. They stayed facing away from me the whole time but I could see their beard swinging in the breeze from time to time.

That's another place I need to get permission for!

"I suppose it's the way of hunters. We are very odd fellows." ~ Peter Hathaway Capstick
Old 03-07-2008, 02:37 PM
Caribou

hope you get permission
Old 03-07-2008, 02:46 PM
Moose

I have been taking the long way home in the morning too. I had no luck yet in seeing any.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:04 PM
Caribou

I have permission on one property already, that I've seen a flock of over 20 on numerous occasions on my way home. I have video footage of 8 toms in full strut in the farthest field at this farm too.

I have permission at the place I have the one trail camera out and from the looks of it, there is at least 4 long beards there. (I have their pictures to prove it!)

I'd like to get at least 10 places under my belt though. That should give my turkey hunting partner and I a fair amount of ground and birds to hunt to try and get some footage of. We'll have 4 tags between us and we're going to try for at least 2 birds with a bow.

"I suppose it's the way of hunters. We are very odd fellows." ~ Peter Hathaway Capstick
Old 03-08-2008, 08:22 AM
Caribou

My dad had a flock of over 60 in his field just two days ago....he told me he lost count at 58. The field was black w/ turkeys.
NAP Spitfires
Old 03-08-2008, 08:31 AM
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngbuck83 View Post
My dad had a flock of over 60 in his field just two days ago....he told me he lost count at 58. The field was black w/ turkeys.
Was it at his house? If so chase those birds about 2 miles east!
Old 03-08-2008, 09:54 AM
Caribou

yea right up along the woods and corn field...5 long beards that he could pick out.
NAP Spitfires
Old 03-10-2008, 12:30 PM
Caribou

Here's some pictures of what's hitting my mineral station.

http://picasaweb.google.com/adam.fre...railCameraPics