Old 03-03-2008, 03:12 AM
Caribou

Default went scouting

i'm about to head out again this a.m. but i wanted to share yesterdays scouting morning with y'all.....
I had the most amazing morning ever....i had been out in the woods for a couple of hours and i got a call, told toby that i hadn't heard a thing and i told him what my game plan was and hung up...i went to where i said i was going to go andi hit the crow call...balalalala, i heard a GOBBLE, woohooooo..
I couldn't resist myself so i sat down and waited, i figured he would skirt around me, oh no, him and his buddies decided to come to me instead....there i was sitting next to tree, no cover, blue jeans and a camo shirt....i was dying....i put my arms up around my face to cover my face and scattered some leaves over my jeans...they fed and played around me for 30-40 minutes, my arms were dying from being held above my head like that , but they were anywhere from 5-6 feet to 20 yds. away from me at all times and even though they never spooked, they knew the blue jeans weren't suppose to be there, then i hear 2 more gobblers coming in from behind me....i was shaking so bad....finally they all went their seperate ways and i could move...it was awesome, in total , i had 5 jakes and 3 longbeards come in and then i went to my other area and i saw 1 longbeard there as well.....it is such a great day......
hopefully i'll hear some more gobbling this morning....
Old 03-03-2008, 09:39 AM
Elk

You're making me jealous!!!
Old 03-03-2008, 01:48 PM
Moose

Thats awesome I bet you are more then ready! Only a couple of weeks til you can bag one!
Old 03-03-2008, 04:15 PM
Caribou

oh I cant wait!!!!

DOUBLE G OUTFITTERS
Old 03-03-2008, 05:43 PM
Caribou

i'm telling y'all , i hope and pray that my season will be as good as these last 2 days....
i went out this a.m., didn't hear anything for awhile....then they started waking up....
i went to a few different areas this morning, heard birds everywhere...at least 10 different birds, maybe 11.....saw 2 of them, but i won't hunt them, they're in a buddies area....he was trying to say that he'll hunt where i don't because i have been seeing/hearing birds...we all have our own lil areas, but he didn't hear anything this morning ,so he wants to hunt mine, lol...i went to his one area to prove a point moreless and long ,he said there are no birds there because they didn't gobble this morning, lol... i went for proof, lol...thats when i saw the 2 gobblers, both in full strut with a few hens....so hopefully he'll be happy there now....men ....lol......