Old 02-23-2010, 01:05 PM
Musk Ox

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGSteve View Post
These Bulls are HUGE!
http://www.conradsoutfitters.com/

I did not see any thing mentioning Bison hunts on the site for Conrads.

Did you find a herd you think you'd hunt yet CPD REALPOLICE.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:29 PM
Antelope

Jackson Hole WY has a hunt for wild buffalo. The North Fork between Yellowstone and Cody will sometimes have a hunt also. Gardiner MT has had an off and on hunt some years, depending on the antis. These are buffalo that survived in Yellowstone.

I drew a cow bison permit right after the the 9/11 attack for the Jackson Hole hunt. At that time the G&F said on the average it took 11 days to get a cow! Bulls were like 3 days. In 3 days of hunting I had plenty of opportunity's if I would have been hunting a bull. But it took 3 days to even see a cow.

All my hunting was on National Forest
Old 02-24-2010, 05:59 AM
Whitetail

Call Conrad and talk to him.Let him explain what he has to offer and see if you are interested.I know he and a friend have two HUGE bulls to show for it.I dont know all the details but this is something New for him and may be worth your while!Just trying to give you more options,GOOD LUCK!
Old 02-24-2010, 01:53 PM
Musk Ox

Last I read all ranch bison have the ear tags mainly to show medical testing and back ground checks. And a ranch bow hunt are not a walk in the park especially compared to a rifle hunt, rifle hunts are much easier. Trying to get in to bow range is a task in itself and then you're in range for them to turn the tables on you. Bison kill more people than bears do. To put one down with one well placed arrow is not the norm, plan on having a full quiver and it might be empty when the bison is done.

The three wild herds I know about are spread out, one in Canada, one in Wy., and one in Arizona. Drawing a tag is difficult for anyone of these wild herds for a trophy bull hunt.