Old 02-16-2008, 06:07 PM
Black Bear

Default illinois outfitter

Anyone ever heard of double d outfitter in schuyler county. Thinking about booking a whitetail hunt with them this fall.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:40 AM
Caribou

cpd, some of the outfitters here are getting a real bad name for promising things they can't deliver. that being said, can't say that I've heard anything about them, either way. might want to go to the Illinois Big Buck Show next week in bloomington and ask around about them there. and if all else fails, keep in touch. might be able to swing a southern illinois trip for you. to my farm. cheap, lots of deer, and lots of places you can hunt.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MVC-016S (2).JPG (38.5 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 01Dec07.jpg (9.4 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 28Nov07.jpg (8.1 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg another southern illinois deer.jpg (5.5 KB, 25 views)
Ted Nugent United Sportsman of America
Bowhunter
Hunt hard, go home happy, thank God for all he has given you
Old 02-17-2008, 09:15 AM
Black Bear

When is the show in Bloomington. Might try and make it. Picking an outfitter definatey makes me nervous, especially being a new hunter. I have heard nightmare stories. Thanks for the advice.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:45 AM
Black Bear

Send a message via MSN to HurricaneCreek

It is the 22nd, 23rd, 24th of Feb...next weekend. 2pm to 9pm Fri, 9am to 7pm on Sat and 9am to 4pm on Sun. It's at the Interstate Center, 2301 W Market St, Bloomington.

PSE X-Force SS
Wac 'Em Tritons

You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need---Vernon Howard
Old 02-17-2008, 12:07 PM
Caribou

I hunted schuyler a couple of years back, with an outfitter called Parr's Huntn' Whitetails the operator was Don (or Ron, I can't remember) Parr from Pennsylvania. I would not recommend him, I don't really like to badmouth someone just on my experience but everyone in camp was very displeased with the whole experience. Land was ok but over hunted, accomodations were at a older couples home (very nice people) but too many people for the house (6 guys, 1 bathroom), and incompetent guides all added up to a bad hunt. What he did, was lease ton's of property all over the county, bring in LOTS of hunters and rent space any place he could find for guys to sleep. He would have all of his hunters (a couple dozen while I was there) meet at a local restaurant on sunday morning then have local guys take you to your hunting spot. It was such a predictable routine we were told by some other local hunters that everyone in the area knew that if the meeting didn't take place on sunday morning all of his hunting leases were fair game for the week! I would really doubt if he still was operating in that area, but if he is be careful

Don't miss the new epidsodes of ARCHERS CHOICE. Mondays at 10:00am, Tuesday at 6:00 am and Sundays at 12:00 est!!
Old 02-17-2008, 02:05 PM
Caribou

cpd, to clarify cheap for you. cheap means free. not an outfitter, just someone who will share what he has to a certain point. might have a couple guys from another site coming up this november. bow hunt the week before shotgun season.
Bowhunter
Old 02-17-2008, 05:23 PM
Black Bear

tlc, Sounds great. If you ever have the space, I'm in.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:27 AM
Caribou

Way to go TLC! Right neighborly of you. That's what hunting is all about...
Old 02-18-2008, 10:31 AM
Elk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLC View Post
cpd, to clarify cheap for you. cheap means free. not an outfitter, just someone who will share what he has to a certain point. might have a couple guys from another site coming up this november. bow hunt the week before shotgun season.
What are the non-resident fees for IL? I'd like to come up one day, but probably not this fall.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:50 AM
Caribou

pbg, heres the site address. http://dnr.state.il.us/ and if you can figure it out, you're a better man than I am.
Bowhunter