Old 07-11-2008, 07:33 PM
Whitetail

More Elk Hunting, I Agree. I Will Be In Colorado The First Week Of September Looking For A Bull
Old 07-11-2008, 11:43 PM
Antelope

Send a message via ICQ to yogi

I have hunted elk for more than thirty years now .. and i still giggle when i someone talking about bugling in a big bull elk.... the truth be known .. a bull elk will come to and be a lot more vocal to a good cow call ... yes thats right ,,, a bull elk would rather look for a sweet heart than a fight with another bull.. and if its the heard bull your looking for ... not a chance that hes bring his ladies to a fight he could loose ... ..but not if he hears a lone sweet heart ..( cow) hes will sneek right in.. moral of the story... bugle to locate them then just cow call... 9 times outta 10 he will run right up to you...
Old 07-12-2008, 08:22 AM
Bighorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi View Post
I have hunted elk for more than thirty years now .. and i still giggle when i someone talking about bugling in a big bull elk.... the truth be known .. a bull elk will come to and be a lot more vocal to a good cow call ... yes thats right ,,, a bull elk would rather look for a sweet heart than a fight with another bull.. and if its the heard bull your looking for ... not a chance that hes bring his ladies to a fight he could loose ... ..but not if he hears a lone sweet heart ..( cow) hes will sneek right in.. moral of the story... bugle to locate them then just cow call... 9 times outta 10 he will run right up to you...

Maybe thats why I haven't had the best luck elk hunting,I've never used a cow call I always used the bugle.I'm going down to pincher creek this fall for elk maybe I do the cow calling and not worry so much about the bugle.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:06 AM
Antelope

Quote:
Originally Posted by timba View Post
Maybe thats why I haven't had the best luck elk hunting,I've never used a cow call I always used the bugle.I'm going down to pincher creek this fall for elk maybe I do the cow calling and not worry so much about the bugle.
Timba if you go down to Pincher creek.. i will tell you two spots ..that i will almost garentee you will get on to elk... i lived and hunted in the Crowsnest pass fot twenty years,, and never failed for me..i will look up the spots on google earth and post them later.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:19 AM
Antelope

Ok google earth this pointers..49*39`44.72" north 114*3744.85west this is three slides ,, check out the middle one first... and you may see my son there ..say hello for me...lol
44*45.35"22 north 144*29`36.33 west and please keep it a secret... or you will see Monie there also....lol
Old 07-12-2008, 09:25 AM
Bighorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi View Post
Ok google earth this pointers..49*39`44.72" north 114*3744.85west this is three slides ,, check out the middle one first... and you may see my son there ..say hello for me...lol
44*45.35"22 north 144*29`36.33 west and please keep it a secret... or you will see Monie there also....lol

Thanks Yogi I'll check it out when I get home,my work computer won't let me down load google earth.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:39 AM
Antelope

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monie View Post
Don't you guys ever get the itch to hunt elk? ...or any other big game, for that matter? Something other than the same set of animals??
come up to alberta Monie and my wife and i will show you around...
Old 07-12-2008, 05:59 PM
Black Bear

Elk is one of the big animals that I have on a list to harvest one day. Just got to save the money for an trip one of these years.

Going to try and harvest an bull moose with archery gear next year if I draw an tag, I'm lucky enough to have moose not very far from my home(2hrs drive).

Of course it will be with archery tackle as that is pretty much all I hunt with anymore, inless it is my smokepole.

Matt
Old 07-16-2008, 06:00 PM
Elk

Elk is one of my dream hunts. Just think of all that meat! I'd let the outfitter or guide (whichever works out) have the head for their lodge just so I can get all that delicious meat!