Old 01-10-2008, 08:00 AM
Whitetail

It's actually a 5 x 5
Old 01-10-2008, 08:07 AM
Moose

Oh. Dang, I need to get m eyes checked again.

http://www.huntsd.net/

http://www.beesource.com/forums/index.php

http://www.purgatoryironworks.com
Old 01-10-2008, 08:17 AM
Whitetail

LOL... Thats ok, it's not that great of a picture.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:13 AM
Caribou

going back to idaho bear hunting this may, and am going to get some information/ideas from my guide about elk hunting out there. again, from another site I go to, there is a group that does an elk GT every fall out there. think the tags and licenses are between 5-600. and the cost for the GT is around 2-300. food and stuff like that. they have a great time and I am planning on going in '09. tags are available online for this hunt/area, but you have to get them quick. they were sold out for this unit by dec. 17th this year. they go on sale on dec. 1st. will keep adding to this as I get more information about it. not sure if there is anywhere closer or less expensive to do something like this.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:41 PM
Caribou

If all goes well, I'll be after elk for the first time with my bow this fall. Trying to talk FireDiver into going with me, my dad, my brother, and a family friend.

Planning on going to public land in Colorado in September for the rut.

"I suppose it's the way of hunters. We are very odd fellows." ~ Peter Hathaway Capstick
Old 01-13-2008, 02:22 PM
Muley

I used to guide for elk in CO. for years and had a blast, it is one animal you never get tired of chassing, and we are looking to get back after them maybe even this year if we can get the schedule all worked out. There is nothing like hearing those critters talking and having your bow in hand knowing you just might get a shot.....Ralph
Old 01-13-2008, 02:39 PM
Antelope

Elk is on my list...along with bear, caribou, boar, moose, antelope I'm up for it all. Luckily, I have a job that allows me to take off and go whenever I get an itch (as long as the funds are there)
Old 01-13-2008, 04:46 PM
Bighorn

I've hunted elk for about 6 years with the bow and I've been very close to some bulls.The one time me and a hunting buddy(in saskatchewan) set up on a slough I went to the far end and we hoped for the elk to walk out in the the slough so we could get a clear shot at one.He started bugling and in about 10 min I heard some brush break,I was sitting down infront of a little bush,the next thing the bull bungled back and my hair on my neck stood up.He was right behind me and I could hear him breathing.I was frozen and didn't know what do,I was hoping he would walk past me and give me a shot but the 2 other hunters we slipt of with came in and scared it away.

The second time I was up in my tree stand in northern alberta and was bugling away and the next thing I knew I hard a 6x6 elk silently walk out 70 yards in front of me.We kept bugling back an forth and he slowing made it within 20 yards of me but never gave me a clear shot,he kept his vitals behind a spruce and just stuck his head out looking around.I was at full draw waiting for that one step I needed and never got it.I watched him watch away.It was the best 45min of elk hunting of my life that I'll never forget.

I did manage to get drawn for cow elk last year for rifle and got a big cow.The best meat there is.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:03 PM
Caribou

Default Any Predators will do

I'm with Bullmoose I've got the urge something terrible to get after a mountain lion! Actually a African Lion would be my ultimate but a mountian lion would be a very, very close second! I hunted mulies in Utah this past fall with a buddies brother, he had a cat mounted that he had shot about 25 miles from his cabin we were staying at! I was super jealous!!!!!! Kept asking him if I could hunt w/ him sometime, but it turns out someone bought him a guided hunt as a thank you gift! It's definitly at the top of my list!

Don't miss the new epidsodes of ARCHERS CHOICE. Mondays at 10:00am, Tuesday at 6:00 am and Sundays at 12:00 est!!
Old 01-14-2008, 04:16 PM
Antelope

Here are some elk for you guys that have the itch to hunt them!