Go Back   Archer's Choice Media Forums > Hunting Forums > Archers Choice

Old 01-10-2008, 08:12 AM
Whitetail

No matter how much hunting I do, I can't get enough. I am thankful for everyday I spent hunting this year though.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:15 AM
Elk

Quote:
Originally Posted by letshunt44 View Post
No matter how much hunting I do, I can't get enough. I am thankful for everyday I spent hunting this year though.
Amen to that!
Old 01-10-2008, 05:37 PM
Bighorn

It was all right,I got my biggest whitetail this year high 140 class,got my first mule deer it wasn't the biggest one I saw.I was hunting with a freind from work and we came across a mully 400 yards out and he asked me if I wanted to shoot it and I did think it was real huge maybe around the 170's so he shot it and it went 192 and I ended up with small one.

I'm hoping for a better year in 08,all bow kills I hope.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:47 PM
Caribou

Well, I got skunked. I shot a doe early in the bow season and although it looked like a great shot. The trail ran cold and after a full day's search I completely lost the track and never did recover her. I hunted pretty hard but I guess lady luck was just not with me this year.

All in all, I had a good year though, because of the absolutely great time that I had when I was out in the woods, the animals that I saw and the sounds that I experienced. Most of all I'm thankful that I was able to share my year with other hunters and great friends.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:09 AM
Caribou

I had a pretty good year although I ended up a few unfilled tags from my trips.

The highlights though were spending time with my dad and brother in Ontario on a black bear archery hunt, coming out to Illinois for the first time on my first "solo" hunting trip and meeting Firediver for the first time, connecting on a doe the first night of archery in PA and connecting on a nice 10-point on the first day of rifle in PA.

Wow, lots of "firsts" in there!

All in all, I certainly can't complain! I had a great time on the hunts even if they didn't result in filled tags.

"I suppose it's the way of hunters. We are very odd fellows." ~ Peter Hathaway Capstick
Old 01-11-2008, 11:24 AM
Muley

Send a message via Yahoo to ildeercamp
Default good year

It was a great year for me and Aaron my son 12 years old. He arrowed a big doe and I was able to 1 with bow 1 with pistol and one with muzzleloader . I still have until Jan.17 to bow hunt and 3 days for muzzleloader Jan. 18,19,20.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:34 PM
Black Bear

This was my best year to date with my bow. Picked a spot last year and it paid off. My first wall hanger, I know the first one is always the hardest and being in New York they are hard to find.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:57 PM
Antelope

Had a great year not even because of my 168". This was my fiance's first year of bow hunting and we had some unreal encounters. Had a 130" 10pt at 5 yrd but never offered a shot. She shot a doe with her bow on video.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:49 PM
Muley

Had a great season

Took a P&Y Caribou
P&Y Buck

2 does and a coyote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:03 PM
Whitetail

Default tagged out,

Yes, 2007 season was all I wanted it to be and more. With my injury early I wasn't expecting to get out as much as I thought I was going to and I did get out moreso. I tagged out on a 3.5 year old buck and a 2.5 year old doe.