Go Back   Archer's Choice Media Forums > Hunting Forums > Archers Choice

Old 02-21-2008, 05:03 PM
Muley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Huntress View Post
When you have a couple of free hours to do some reading...trying "googling" Russ Bellar's name.
now you saying " free couple hours" there tells me its toooo long to be sittin on my keister searchin this dewd & may not be good news I take it.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:43 PM
Black Bear

I know people who film and hunt at Hadley Creek who herd this and checked into it. They were told that Allen has been bought out and is no longer part of the operation. I say to this ( who cares) they (hadley creek) had to know about it while it was going on.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:46 PM
Black Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbg40g View Post
I think the "high fence" debate, along with all the other picky details that certain groups of hunters harp on are just hurting the sport of hunting altogether. We need to band together (like it says in the beginning of "The Choice") and just hunt.

Some people are just not physically capable of hiking forever, carrying 50 lbs or more of gear and a portable stand, just looking to find deer sign so they can climb a tree and set up. Some people cannot even walk at all, because they are in a wheelchair. I may be one of them one day due to my arthritis and diabetes.

Are we going to deny these people the pure pleasure of getting out into the woods and hunting, whether they can actually get a deer or not? Of course GETTING one makes the excursion even better. we know that. so, allow the people who want to have high fence preserves that pleasure, and that allows people who can't scout forever a chance to take a deer themselves instead of having to have someone do it for them.

Just my $.02
This is true and I agree somewhat but last time I looked Jimmy seemed to be ok
Old 02-23-2008, 03:47 AM
Muley

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
I know people who film and hunt at Hadley Creek who herd this and checked into it. They were told that Allen has been bought out and is no longer part of the operation. I say to this ( who cares) they (hadley creek) had to know about it while it was going on.
I am sure there are a few stories. Just like I heard the same but actually he is a "silent partner" because he is 1 of the major money financers, so they couldn't buy him out, theyare just keeping it on the down low till things blow over, just like Whitetail Properties, he is the money there as well. To me it doesn't matter, the guy was wrong and new what he was doing and so did HCO. You can't tell me HCO didn't know when he used another tag from a guide then the 3 bucks are posted on HCO's website and brochures to promote the outfit. They both got a black eye cause of his repeat offenses and I am sure repercussions will be seen come fall with less bookings. Word of mouth travels very fast in this industry about issues like this.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:56 AM
Black Bear

I wonder if Drury's will send a bunch of there team to hco again this year, they have for the last two years. Look a the tv add for hco which airs during the whitetail properties show, all there team singing praise of hco
Old 02-23-2008, 02:09 PM
Black Bear

Interesting thought on Drury's.
I have a question for you all. This is not about whether or not you approve of high-fence or not, but do you think a hunting TV show should offer some type of disclaimer BEFORE and DURING the hunt that they are filming that would tell us viewers that they are filming in a preserve or high-fence area? The reason I asked, I was watching a hunting show today (home sick in bed, not alot else to do) but I was watching the hosts shot a beautiful buck the area looked awesome. It perked my interest as a hunter as a potential place that I might like to look at hunting. So at the end of the show, I saw the Web site, logged on to only find out it was a high-fence operation. Again, the question is not to do high-fence or not, but the question is: Do you think that TV shows should let the viewers know that they are hunting high-fence?
Your thoughts?
Old 02-23-2008, 05:16 PM
Black Bear

I think they should because lots of people see the show and wonder "why can't i find a spot like that". The truth being there just are not many places out there in the open ranges which can compete with a high fence. I'm not saying no one should hunt in one thats there CHOICE but they should let the viewers know. I've done the same thing you did and felt a little less respect for the show.
Old 02-25-2008, 10:04 AM
Black Bear

Oneshot
I agree, all I would like to know UPFRONT, before I sit and watch a hunt, is whether or not it is fair chase.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:09 AM
Caribou

Like my Grandma says " there are hunters and there are killers" some people just don't care.

DOUBLE G OUTFITTERS
Old 02-25-2008, 12:41 PM
Black Bear

Your grandma sounds like a smart cookie!