Go Back   Archer's Choice Media Forums > Hunting Forums > Archers Choice

Old 02-07-2008, 08:36 PM
Muley

this link off archery Talk is really giving it to the Hadley Creek & Whitetail Properties TV, sp much that a guy came in to defend the "poacher" which he got pounded on because of course it was his 1st posts! So he came into do damage control from Whitetail Properties. Then another "new poster" guy comes in stating this alan Blevins, who is WPT accountant/attorney & has part ownership in Hadley Creek Outfitters, has nothing to do with either, yet this poacher, Alan Blevins, has the 3 poached bucks on Hadley Creeks websight and their brochure.
Here is the link: http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=631430

As far as Jimmy Houston, i heard too many stories and what I heard from a biologist that works with a biolgist for that preserve is he was hunting the deer with a dart to tranquilize it, not kill it in the high fence. The animal was not killed, just darted. But I don't know how it was portrayed honestly in the show.
Old 02-07-2008, 11:23 PM
Moose

Regardless of whether he was darting or killing, he really helped mess up a lot of mom and pop operations here!

http://www.huntsd.net/

http://www.beesource.com/forums/index.php

http://www.purgatoryironworks.com
Old 02-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Muley

you know its hard to say how much he really messed up, my opinion, not at all. I say this because its hunters vs hunters on this. The "fair chase" hunters & showmakers are so quick to condemn those that hunt a high fence. If they film a hunt of a guy hunting a preserve, which is a high fence, your going to see the Primos's, Realtrees, Drury's, call them on it, and its not that these guys are hiding it, but filming the hunt. I just have such mixed views on this, because those that fair chase will also "bait" or plant food plots etc to draw the deer to them. I know a guy that has a preserve. Bowhunt only for now. I forgot the amount of acreage, but from the front of the fence, its 6 miles to the back of it and very wide because I forgot that part too, LOL. He has asked a few hunters to put their money where their mouth is when they bashed is hunting preserve. John said if you think its so easy, I will give you a picture of this 180" buck, even the ear tag number and color, & give you a full 7 days to hunt it, if you kill it, you will get your money back and the buck, if not, I keep the money, whatever the hunt cost. Not 1 taker on it! I don't know what else to say, I have mixed feelings on it, but really, we are all hunters. Calling HF on a film hunt, is that really going to bolster the guys sales who called it or is he doing it to act like he a better hunter because he hunts fair chase and no high fence? But its not like many of these pros are going into an unknown area and just hunting, quite a few of them are given a heads up there is a big buck in the area & if the pro goes & hunts there, the guide/landowner/outfitter wants props to bolster his business. So who is really right? You got me,to each their own. It will be a never ending debate.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:20 PM
Muley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monie View Post
Regardless of whether he was darting or killing, he really helped mess up a lot of mom and pop operations here!
Good ol' Bellar was lucky to get off as easy as he did
Old 02-08-2008, 10:30 PM
Black Bear

Great White Hunter,
Jimmy Houston, yep that happened here in my home state and cause major problems here. Matter of fact, it is still causing problems. What is wrong with people?
How hard is it to simply follow the law?
News like this does not help Hadley creek either.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:04 AM
Elk

I think the "high fence" debate, along with all the other picky details that certain groups of hunters harp on are just hurting the sport of hunting altogether. We need to band together (like it says in the beginning of "The Choice") and just hunt.

Some people are just not physically capable of hiking forever, carrying 50 lbs or more of gear and a portable stand, just looking to find deer sign so they can climb a tree and set up. Some people cannot even walk at all, because they are in a wheelchair. I may be one of them one day due to my arthritis and diabetes.

Are we going to deny these people the pure pleasure of getting out into the woods and hunting, whether they can actually get a deer or not? Of course GETTING one makes the excursion even better. we know that. so, allow the people who want to have high fence preserves that pleasure, and that allows people who can't scout forever a chance to take a deer themselves instead of having to have someone do it for them.

Just my $.02
Old 02-09-2008, 01:33 PM
Muley

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbg40g View Post
I think the "high fence" debate, along with all the other picky details that certain groups of hunters harp on are just hurting the sport of hunting altogether. We need to band together (like it says in the beginning of "The Choice") and just hunt.

Some people are just not physically capable of hiking forever, carrying 50 lbs or more of gear and a portable stand, just looking to find deer sign so they can climb a tree and set up. Some people cannot even walk at all, because they are in a wheelchair. I may be one of them one day due to my arthritis and diabetes.

Are we going to deny these people the pure pleasure of getting out into the woods and hunting, whether they can actually get a deer or not? Of course GETTING one makes the excursion even better. we know that. so, allow the people who want to have high fence preserves that pleasure, and that allows people who can't scout forever a chance to take a deer themselves instead of having to have someone do it for them.

Just my $.02

I dont mind fenced hunts,,but I do mine if they are breaking the law,,,and thats exactly what Bellar was doing in Peru, IN
Old 02-09-2008, 10:46 PM
Elk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodney482 View Post
I dont mind fenced hunts,,but I do mine if they are breaking the law,,,and thats exactly what Bellar was doing in Peru, IN
very true. All hunters should hunt legally, and that includes purchasing appropriate licenses BEFORE getting out into the woods!
Old 02-18-2008, 10:28 PM
Muley

TTT

for Blevins
Old 02-18-2008, 11:12 PM
Black Bear

When you have a couple of free hours to do some reading...trying "googling" Russ Bellar's name.