Old 02-10-2008, 06:10 AM
Muley

TLC

We went to a place in New Brunwick last year up by Bathrust. The guy was very good . We all see bears and 5 out of 7 got bears . The hunt was $1500 plus your bear tag $135.www. jlrhunting.com
Old 02-10-2008, 01:39 PM
Caribou

Iwalke4, thanks for the link and info. after talking to the references, going to book myself in the place I listed. have to check out the place you put down also. both places are half of what I pay in idaho, but, idaho has more color phase bears. guess the pressure is on this year to get a couple colors. idaho is also a 2 bear area where I go.
Ted Nugent United Sportsman of America
Bowhunter
Hunt hard, go home happy, thank God for all he has given you
Old 02-11-2008, 12:45 PM
Musk Ox

I'll go hunt bear with Fred any time.

Great show.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:32 PM
Musk Ox

Now this could be a trip for several of us to be looking into - some outfitters will discount for a group of hunters. I wonder how many others here want to doa bear hunt? Does AC have an outfitter they'd know would put a group bear hunt package together?
Old 02-17-2008, 09:42 AM
Caribou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monie View Post
I've never been and I want to go really really really bad!!!

I went for the first time this year. It was on my own in an area that I had known in the past had bear. I was more interested in scouting the area this year than actually getting a bear and did not get one. I was not disappointed though, as I found the area was loaded with active bear sign (heavy trails, lots of berries and browse, scat and scratched and torn up trees and a den).

I am going to try to focus on this same area this year with a friend who is a guide and see if I can get one. The best part of this is that except for the license it is all free.
Old 02-17-2008, 03:13 PM
Caribou

Bow Drawn, still waiting to hear how many others are going on this hunt. will post in the next couple weeks. and if anyone from this iste wants to go, they are more than welcome to go. $350 deposit, another $350 by 1/1/09, and then bring the balance to camp with you. tags, meals, tracking, skinning included in the price. www.rpguides.com. found out about them thru a magazine I get. bowhunting safari consultants. www.bowhuntingsafari.com.
Ted Nugent United Sportsman of America
Bowhunter
Hunt hard, go home happy, thank God for all he has given you
Old 02-17-2008, 07:41 PM
Whitetail

Default Speaking of bears...

I can tell you first hand that taking a bear with your bow is the highest of highs.
In May, the last night of my hunt in Saskatchewan I took a p&Y chocolate phase black bear. We got the whole thing on video and people that watch it cannot believe how bad I shook.
If you ever get the chance, do it...it is something you will never forget.
Old 02-18-2008, 02:00 PM
Caribou

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLC View Post
for those interested in an inexpensive bear hunt, found one in new brunswick for $1400 all inclusive. have it booked for june 2009. don't know if we will have any openings or not yet, but will know in the next few weeks. the bears in this area are NOT trophy bears. they take a couple three 300 pounders each year, but thats about it. if anyone might be interested, let me know and I'll either email or PM the information to you.

in the past 3 years, they have had 100% sightings, 100% shot opportunities, and have killed 26 bears out of 31 hunters.
Boy that sounds like fun! hhhmmmmm.. may have to look into that!

DOUBLE G OUTFITTERS
Old 03-04-2008, 05:00 PM
Muley

I am doing a hunt in New Brunswick this spring. I am looking forward to it as I had great luck last year in northern Quebec and it can really get into your blood. It is a hair raising experience! Something everyone should do. I need to get off my duff and get my baiting permit in NH so I don't have to travel as far.

I really want a color faze bear tho... need to head west for that I guess.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:21 PM
Caribou

sounds like a blast, i hope some day i will hunt hunt bear / with my bow!