Old 11-14-2010, 07:56 PM
Antelope

Default BIG Ontario 8 DOWN!

Nov. 1'st
Got all my stuff ready at 6 AM and out the door I went.
Made my morning stop at Tim Hortons and headed over to one of my hunting spots and sat in the vehicle to enjoy my coffee before heading into my spot. I spotted a flashlight moving in my direction form quite aways away and out I get to get ready thinking it might be a trespasser planning on hunting the property. Seemed to far away when he headed into the bush so off I went, mind you this property is almost 2 kms wide. Legal light is upon us and I started through the bnack field in hopes of maybe doing a spot and stalk, but bumped 3 doe's and 2 fawns instead. I slowly crept my way to my stand keeping my eyes and ears open, the winds were wrong for this stand but I knew it was a good area and opted to do a ground sit 80 yrds to the east of it. I picked my tree to settle up against and rested the gun up against so I could move branches out of the way and clear the leaves out to. About the 3'rd swipe of my foot to move the leaves out of the way I heard a noise, turned around and there he was staring at me broadside 12 yrds away and NO gun in hand. I figure he might have thought I was another buck making a scrape and thats what brought him in. I stared at him for afew seconds before I actually reached for my gun and thats when he started to take off, I picked my spot and as soon as he hit it the slug was on its way and hit its mark. 80 yrd recovery.
dressed weight 227 lbs
Green Gross 147"

Old 11-15-2010, 12:02 AM
Caribou

Nice buck -- congrats!!

Don't miss the new epidsodes of ARCHERS CHOICE. Mondays at 10:00am, Tuesday at 6:00 am and Sundays at 12:00 est!!
Old 11-18-2010, 08:18 AM
Musk Ox

That's a dang nice one! Congrats!

Proud Parent of a Marine
Old 11-30-2010, 03:10 PM
Antelope

One heck of an 8 pointer!!!!!!
Congrats!
Old 01-18-2011, 04:55 PM
Muley

Nice...congrats