Old 08-29-2010, 06:02 PM
Muley

Default My 2010 hunt

Hey gang

Just got back from Ontario yesterday. We had a great trip. I had a sow charge up my tree with intent to kill. I had to fight with my bow and a couple of hard kicks to get her to back down the tree!! One guy almost left camp due to my story. I talked him and myself out of giving up and getting back on the horse for another ride. Following the night of the sow and I doing MMA in the tree I found myself tucked into a blind deep in the Canadian bush. A beatiful set on one small peice of high ground over looking a large swamp. About 5pm the wind died down and I knew it was a matter of time. Right at 6pm I caught movement to my left out a port hole. I saw the wide back side and knew this was my boar. I flipped the vid cam on prepared myself for the shot. Seconds passed and without a sound until his head came into view at the bucket. I checked the cam angle, drew the bow, and got ready. I was so amped from my earlier episode with the sow that I didn't let him eat. He leaned over the bucket at 20 paces and the arrow was gone. The broadhead took out both lungs. He only made it 35 yards to his resting place followed by the death moan. I shook sooo bad with the roller coaster of emotions from all the prior events. With my hands to the sky I gave thanks to God for sparing me over and letting me have such a fine boar! I knew If the sow really wanted to get me she could have with ease! Here's some pics of my boar. Hope you all have/had a great fall bear hunt as well! God bless!!!
Norm
2 many broadheads 2 list
James 1:1-4
Old 08-30-2010, 10:57 AM
Musk Ox

Congrats!! Nice pumpkin head on him! Is that your best one so far from there?
How'd your video come out?

Hey that's a cool hat Eh! LOL!

That encounter with the sow is very unusual but that would be my worst fear. I have talked a young guy in bear camp that had a young teenager bore or sow climb up and put the smeller right on the hunter and then try to nip him. He had to get rough and tough with it too. After thinking about it he said he had blood on his pants from his brother's bear from the night before and he guessed that was the reason for his close encounter.

Last edited by Bow Drawn; 08-30-2010 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:18 AM
Black Bear

Wow! That would be too close for comfort.

Congrats on the bear!
Old 08-30-2010, 02:01 PM
Whitetail

CONGRATS thats a nice bear
Old 08-30-2010, 07:05 PM
Muley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bow Drawn View Post
Congrats!! Nice pumpkin head on him! Is that your best one so far from there?
How'd your video come out?

Hey that's a cool hat Eh! LOL!

That encounter with the sow is very unusual but that would be my worst fear. I have talked a young guy in bear camp that had a young teenager bore or sow climb up and put the smeller right on the hunter and then try to nip him. He had to get rough and tough with it too. After thinking about it he said he had blood on his pants from his brother's bear from the night before and he guessed that was the reason for his close encounter.

Hey bd
Yeppers..thats my best bear with Gary. I could always hold out longer knowing what kind of bears(on trail cams) are there. But when I see one that I'm happy with I go for it. I got to get the skull out and measure it. Pretty sure it'll make the book. The vid turned out awesome I think. I'm green behind the ears with video...so it does not take much to please me..lol!

My encounter with the sow was at full speed. She didn't just come loping up for a sniff. It was faster than a human could react...and she started the charge at 20 yards I'm a thankful man today!! I can't wait until next fall!
Norm
2 many broadheads 2 list
Old 09-01-2010, 08:32 PM
Muley

Default more pics

Couple more shots of my week. I carried a small boar out of the timber for a friend of mine...he said I was nuts! I just told him I was being efficient..lolol!!
2 many broadheads 2 list