Old 08-28-2010, 01:44 PM
Elk

Default Sorry I've been away!

As most of you know, I had been in job transition for over a year, but all that has changed now, thanks to the Lord's blessing on me and my family. I started working for a company in the north Atlanta area, doing work similar to the field I've been in for over 20 years. I'm still working with documents and digital images, but now I don't have to do the scanning myself.

It's been a real blessing for us, even though my pay is more than $2 per hour less than I made at my last job. God has been blessing us more and more ever since I went to work by bringing more and more business into the company. I started out part-time, but they recently did the paperwork to change me to full-time status. Good thing, too, because I was already working 10-15 hours overtime every week due to the volume of business.

I give all the credit to God, and one day when I have more time, I'll go through the whole "God-story" about how my job came about in the first place. But I will say now that, for those who may be job-seeking, make sure and sign up on LinkedIn.com. It's a professional networking site that really pays off in the long run.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:42 AM
Caribou

Send a message via Yahoo to Cherokeechass

Good to hear things are looking up for you Paul. This economy is still awful and most people that I know who lost there jobs had to take pay cuts just to start working again. I guess something is better than nothing.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:41 AM
Elk

Very true, cherokeechass!
Old 08-31-2010, 09:28 AM
Bighorn

thats awesome Paul that things are going good,I'm lucky the recession never effected my job like it did alot of guys in the oilfield.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:57 AM
Musk Ox

Glad to hear that something finally came a long for ya, Paul.

Proud Parent of a Marine