Old 08-24-2010, 10:26 PM
Whitetail

Default Bow hunting in Anticosti

Wife and I are going to Anticosti in a week, had planed on taking both bow and rifle. With 1 bow, 1 rifle in one hard case that the airlines can't break takes 37lbs of 75lbs limit. I talked to Guy today and from what I understood not that good of an opportunity now for bow, but he said yes we could bring both. My question is would you take both this time of year or just rifles? ( we can get two rifles in a Pelican, it would be less 40lbs) If we take both bow and rifle we would be down to bare bones on our other gear, which this time of would not be as bad as say Nov.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:07 PM
Muley

okcscott, we have done all our hunting on the island later in the season, but we did have some POSSE go there early and they shot some deer with their TenPoint crossbows. You can bowhunt on the island, but I truly believe that rifle is better from what we have seen. Either way you are going to have a great time and the best venison you have ever had. Hope this helps.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:36 PM
Whitetail

We decided to take both, wife has been shooting about 5 or 6 doz arrows a day every day for the last 2 1/2 months, just got her first bow end of May, said she would hunt in flip flops and gym shorts if that's what it took to get the weight down. It's been a real challenge, we started by weighing our bags then taking things we thought might be 1/2 lb, finally got the little scale out, boy 1 or 2 oz things add up quick. I think we're gtg, hope they don't leave my boots on the runway.