Old 07-27-2010, 04:54 PM
Musk Ox

Default Rocky Gear

YOU should see the new lineup of Rocky outdoor hunting apparel!!!!! There is a fleece jacket that is DA-BOMB!!!! It feels just like cuddling up to 1000 kittens (purring not included) I cannot get over how well it fits and how it feels. And that is just one jacket....lots of good stuff

I'm guessing the new line will be on their website soon....

Sorry for the tease

REAL PEOPLE.
REAL HUNTING.
REAL ADVENTURE.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:45 PM
Bighorn

I'll have to take a look at it,I bought a scentlok timber 360 last year and the velcro on the wrist catch on every thing and makes noise.I was thinking of trying some thing different this year.

is it warm?

timba
Old 07-28-2010, 10:31 AM
Musk Ox

I'd like to find a double thick fleece jacket that has a water resistant membrane between the 2 layers. Now that would be the ticket!

Proud Parent of a Marine
Old 07-28-2010, 11:54 AM
Caribou

They have one like that, I think it's called the Mountain Stalker (FD correct me if I'm wrong.). It's pretty thick and is waterproof too, hard to beat combo

Don't miss the new epidsodes of ARCHERS CHOICE. Mondays at 10:00am, Tuesday at 6:00 am and Sundays at 12:00 est!!
Old 08-02-2010, 11:47 AM
Musk Ox

Rocky Gear I hope they made some improvements. They had a factory right here in Nelsonville, Ohio - it's now an outlet store. The boots I had I threw in the trash after one season. Just fell apart and started to be very uncomfortable when they should have been breaking in to be more comfortable. I normally get a few more hunting seasons out of a good pair of boots.

Gamehide has some great camo clothing. I stayed warm, dry and very quiet. I had it last season and stayed real comfortable when it was 20* and a bit windy. I have it in the Lost camo and several times I had comments from my buddies how they were really impressed by pattern. It was blending in on the ground and in the trees.

Last edited by Bow Drawn; 08-02-2010 at 11:52 AM.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:02 PM
Antelope

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around Scott cuddling with a 1,000 kittens.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:07 PM
Caribou

Bow Drawn, depending on the year those boots were made several manufacturers (not just Rocky) had problems with the rubber they used in their boots. The rubber deteriorated rather quickly and some of the boots failed. Did you ever contact Rocky about the problem? I know the stuff they offer now is of excellent quality, and is packed with features....especially for the price!

Don't miss the new epidsodes of ARCHERS CHOICE. Mondays at 10:00am, Tuesday at 6:00 am and Sundays at 12:00 est!!
Old 08-03-2010, 12:08 PM
Caribou

BTW Toomse.....Scott is warm and fuzzy like that!

Old 08-03-2010, 05:06 PM
Caribou

Rocky's never let me down and I have had several pairs.

George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Old 08-04-2010, 09:43 AM
Musk Ox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACPOSSETIM View Post
Bow Drawn, depending on the year those boots were made several manufacturers (not just Rocky) had problems with the rubber they used in their boots. The rubber deteriorated rather quickly and some of the boots failed. Did you ever contact Rocky about the problem? I know the stuff they offer now is of excellent quality, and is packed with features....especially for the price!
It was not in the past several years. It was when the factory was still in Ohio. Heck that goes back close to ten years ago. I bought them there and I stopped back well after they fell apart and looked at some items in the store then and told the manager about those boots and he just blew it off. I obviously didn't have them with me to make a point so I dropped it and that was that. I have looked at Rocky Gear last year and I ended up buying Gamehide. My Boots are now Danner or Lowa or Muck or Cabelas.