Old 06-10-2010, 11:26 AM
Musk Ox

Working 5-6 days a week and trying to cram most of my "honey-do" stuff in on Sunday. The occassional trip, to the river, to pester the trout, has been about all the outside stuff I've gotten done, besides mowing the yard.

Proud Parent of a Marine
Old 06-10-2010, 04:03 PM
Musk Ox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monie View Post
Yeah, and no one has called me yet....
Okay - will I get a "Warning" or "Banned" LOL if I call you somthing other than late to dinner.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:18 PM
Musk Ox

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF Hunter View Post
Hey CC! How ya doing? I'm in the process of getting a patent on a totally off the grid AC unit. Besides building the prototype, all I've done is:
1. mow 20 acres every week;
2. put my trail cams out;
3. got my archery range set up for the year;
4. ordered the Hindsight Eclipse and Quiktune 360; and
5. check in here and on FB once and a while.

AF you've been ahrd at it.
A/C UNIT OFF THE GRID??? Whole house air conditioning system powered by an alternative electric source is something interesting. Can you tell me anything more about it without breaking any secrets?

Mowing 20 acres - that maybe ought to be baled?!
"got my archery range set up for the year" brings to mind how far out do you practice with all that land/space? Got any pictures of it yet?
Old 06-11-2010, 07:58 AM
Black Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bow Drawn View Post
AF you've been ahrd at it.
A/C UNIT OFF THE GRID??? Whole house air conditioning system powered by an alternative electric source is something interesting. Can you tell me anything more about it without breaking any secrets?

Mowing 20 acres - that maybe ought to be baled?!
"got my archery range set up for the year" brings to mind how far out do you practice with all that land/space? Got any pictures of it yet?
I can't go into more details until the patent process is completed. Prototype 1 will be up and running today while the home version is being manufactured. I might be able to speak more once the patent is pending. I can say that once this baby is patented, there are going to be some major AC companies watching their sales drop.

Most of the 20 acres I mow are between the house and the property line (at the road). It looks nice pulling into the property and seeing groomed lawn all the way to the house.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:52 AM
Musk Ox

Quote:
I can't go into more details until the patent process is completed. Prototype 1 will be up and running today while the home version is being manufactured. I might be able to speak more once the patent is pending. I can say that once this baby is patented, there are going to be some major AC companies watching their sales drop.

Most of the 20 acres I mow are between the house and the property line (at the road). It looks nice pulling into the property and seeing groomed lawn all the way to the house.
I'm a HVAC dealer here in Central Ohio so it has got my attention. I know Lennox has something in that line going already but it hasn't effected our market. In a rural areas I would see the market for that type system more than in suburban area. It a similar idea to backup generators - more are sold in the country than in town.

Yeah driving in on that would look stately to say the least. Add a balanced trees lined driveway and other landscaping and it would be a rich environment. I would guess that much lawn takes up a bunch of time on a large tractor with a wide deck cutting it.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:00 AM
Black Bear

Actually BD, this system would benefit all as it is totally off grid. The system Lennox is advertising is a solar cell added to their normal system to reduce the amount of electricity used. They show one panel with the system and that one panel couldn't do much more than run the fan on the outside unit.

I don't foresee this completely replacing existing air conditioning as I would want the standard unit as a back up in case the temperature got too extreme. But, from my initial and secondary calculations, this system would lower your cost of running AC 90% (at a minimum).

I am presently looking for investors to help offset the initial costs ($1500 for the prototype and $10,000 for the patent) and will sell of a total of 25% of the invention. I have 10% sold as of this date.

After this one is done, I have a solar heater that I also see as taking off quite well.

Lastly, to keep from hijacking my own thread, if you would like to discuss this further, let's take it to PM's.

Have a GREAT one!
Old 06-11-2010, 11:26 AM
Caribou

Send a message via Yahoo to Cherokeechass

AF you should go on that show Sharktank! But they usually want 50-51% controlling interest. I have been busy feeding the baby and changing the baby. I bought some plants for the garden-now if we can just get the neighbors cat to poop in there own yard!
Old 06-11-2010, 12:54 PM
Black Bear

CC, never heard of Sharktank.

For the cat problem, spray some fox urine on cotton balls, put the cotton balls into "tea balls" and hang them along the property line. Cat won't come anywhere near your property.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:12 PM
Bighorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeechass View Post
AF you should go on that show Sharktank! But they usually want 50-51% controlling interest. I have been busy feeding the baby and changing the baby. I bought some plants for the garden-now if we can just get the neighbors cat to poop in there own yard!
LOl we have the same thing up here called dragons den.

timba
Old 06-11-2010, 10:12 PM
Moose

Quote:
CC, never heard of Sharktank.

For the cat problem, spray some fox urine on cotton balls, put the cotton balls into "tea balls" and hang them along the property line. Cat won't come anywhere near your property.
That reminds me of a thread on another site on how to attrack big bucks. It seems some men were convinced that if they could get a used feminie product from their girlfriend, they could hang it like a scent wick. One guy went so far as to fashion a bandolier, capable of holding an entire box of said product!

http://www.huntsd.net/

http://www.beesource.com/forums/index.php

http://www.purgatoryironworks.com