Go Back   Archer's Choice Media Forums > Archer's Choice Media Forums > The ACM Hang Out

View Poll Results: What Punishment?
PRISON TIME 9 64.29%
EVOKE HUNTING PRIVILAGES FOR LIFE 5 35.71%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-19-2010, 08:35 AM
Whitetail

Post Idiots

I just read a story of a 17yr. old idiot (in Georgia Outdoor News) that shot a horse with a bow!Not only did he shoot the horse,but he shot the horse 3 times with broadhead tipped arrows!The horse is pictured with an arrow protruding from it's withers,mid-neck and another wound below it's right eye.An investigation led to the arrest of the suspect(who is also pictured in the artical) an more charges have been filed against the suspect.14 counts of game and fish violations and a felony charge of aggravated cruelty to animals.The state,in my opinion,should make an example out of this guy as they did with Micheal Vick! I would really like to here some of ya'lls views on this matter.To read the full story you can go to www.GON.com. What kind of punishment should he recieve and what are the impacts of his actions on our sport of bowhunting?
Old 02-19-2010, 09:36 AM
Musk Ox

http://www.gon.com/article.php?id=2280&cid=158

Your link didn't work for me but maybe this one will.

This person is not a hunter, he's a criminal. He should have any privileges for processing any weapon revoked. I sure hope the media doesn't ever link this criminal to sportsman or hunting because he used equipment associated with hunting to do his crimes.

This kind of action by someone his age to animals usually is linked to the psychopathic tendency to murder. I would hope they evaluate him and if he does qualify to do something more permanent about him being State instituted.

Michael Vick is a whole different story and wouldn't even try to compare these two.

Last edited by Bow Drawn; 02-19-2010 at 09:46 AM.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:29 AM
Black Bear

They should do the same to him!!!!!! What H**l was he thinking?
HELLRAZORS
Old 02-19-2010, 06:51 PM
Muley

They should make him walk up behind a horse every day for a year and pull its tale!.....O.K. maybe two years!

Like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR17XiOZAC4

TBow
Old 02-19-2010, 07:10 PM
Caribou

I subscribe to GON. I could not even bring myslef to read the article. That guy was disgusting and the horse looked so sad but luckily survived. drom the pictures I saw.

George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Old 02-19-2010, 09:09 PM
Antelope

I read it but it turned my stomach. luckily the horse did survive. He will be felon soon
Old 02-21-2010, 07:14 PM
Elk

I saw this a few weeks ago. Sick and sad. BigSteve, I think you meant revoke. I would hope he could never hunt again. Send him to prison will feed his psychopathic tendencies and he won't be there very long. Long enough to get some really cruel ideas and plans. he needs major psychiatric care. For life.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:26 PM
Musk Ox

Unfortunately, he'll probably not get any prison time...he's only 17 at the time of the offense. A complete psyche evaluation is needed followed by being flogged in public. Heck, I'll gladly wield the cane!

Proud Parent of a Marine