Old 03-09-2010, 02:01 PM
Musk Ox

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbbowman View Post
I am from Manitoba, so I will be hunting Manitoba.
Manitoba would be a very good choice too.
Seen some huge black bears come out that Provence.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:18 PM
Caribou

I hunt a couple hours north of Buffalo, 107 mi. north of La Loche to be exact....I should be up there the last week of may too!! They do have lots of colors up there and some studs too! The only thing I don't like about it is the drive....31 hrs from my door

Don't miss the new epidsodes of ARCHERS CHOICE. Mondays at 10:00am, Tuesday at 6:00 am and Sundays at 12:00 est!!
Old 03-10-2010, 02:48 PM
Musk Ox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACPOSSETIM View Post
I hunt a couple hours north of Buffalo, 107 mi. north of La Loche to be exact....I should be up there the last week of may too!! They do have lots of colors up there and some studs too! The only thing I don't like about it is the drive....31 hrs from my door
Man that is haul to drive from Ill.. You're practically in Alberta there. Ever think to fly up and back say out of Fort McMurray, Alberta.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:17 PM
Bighorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACPOSSETIM View Post

wow thats a long drive,ya fly to edmonton or even saskatoon would shorten it up.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:07 PM
Whitetail

It is great to see some hard core bear hunters. It seems that most hunters are into horns and not skulls. Although, I am not really into skulls, I just love to see big bears. Good luck to all this spring.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:11 PM
Caribou

Yeah, I wish I could fly....it's get's awfully expensive when you add all the connecting flights and rental car fees! I priced it out one time to FT. Mac. a few years ago and it was like $1500/person then we had to rent a car on top of that. The bad part is that there really isn't a road from FT. Mac, to LaLoche, it would still be a several hr drive to get to LaLoche. If we fly into Saskatoon, we still have like an 8 hr drive up. Then with all the overage fees in excess baggage or to get your animal back, my wallet starts to smoke! When you have a couple guys in the truck to split gas it just works out to be much more convenient and cheaper. I guess that's the price you pay to hunt remote areas!!!

Don't miss the new epidsodes of ARCHERS CHOICE. Mondays at 10:00am, Tuesday at 6:00 am and Sundays at 12:00 est!!
Old 03-10-2010, 06:16 PM
Muley

Hopefully we will be hunting there next year, up by Grand Rapids, hunted there a couple of years ago, this time will go through a different outfitter.

www.bigwoodstaxidermy.com
www.bigbearscents.com/
www.bigwoodsbearbait.com
Old 03-10-2010, 08:13 PM
Whitetail

Grand Rapids is a sweet area. The fishing can be unbelievable on Cedar Lake. Bear 1 which outfitter have you hunted with and who are you going with next year?

In Winnipeg, Manitoba it has been melting. That means only one thing, the bears should be coming out to play!

Anybody got any pics they want to share?

Last edited by mbbowman; 03-16-2010 at 12:25 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:50 PM
Musk Ox

Heading back to Quebec with my dad in June... Can't wait to get back on a bait!!!

Snows meltin, time to start shooting outside again!!!
Slick Trick 85 grain
HHA Single Pin Sights
Old 03-11-2010, 08:23 PM
Muley

In Manitoba we hunted with Fred Hobbs, we have a different outfitter in mind for next year.
York Archer where are you going in Quebec? Last 2 years we went with Mike's Outfitting, nice, good people. Had a blast hunting, nice bears.

www.bigwoodstaxidermy.com
www.bigbearscents.com/
www.bigwoodsbearbait.com