#1  
Old 01-31-2008, 07:36 AM
bullmoose38's Avatar
bullmoose38 bullmoose38 is offline
Moose
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pine Grove, PA
Posts: 2,590
Default Does it feel weird?

Not to have someone filming you when you are hunting? The last 2 seasons Hollhoyt and youngbuck83 have been with me on every hunt or vice versa. When I do go out by myself it just isnt the same. I get bored not having someone there.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-31-2008, 07:57 AM
youngbuck83's Avatar
youngbuck83 youngbuck83 is offline
Caribou
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 696
Default

Yea...it's nice to have a buddy
__________________
Hoyt Katera
70lbs/27in.
Beman MFX
NAP Spitfires
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-31-2008, 08:09 AM
Monie's Avatar
Monie Monie is offline
Moose
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kokomo, In.
Posts: 3,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullmoose38 View Post
Not to have someone filming you when you are hunting? The last 2 seasons Hollhoyt and youngbuck83 have been with me on every hunt or vice versa. When I do go out by myself it just isnt the same. I get bored not having someone there.
Yep. I really don't like to go out without Buddy Bill, although I do on occassion.
__________________
If you're not leaning, no one can let you down.

http://www.huntsd.net/

http://www.beesource.com/forums/index.php

http://www.purgatoryironworks.com
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-31-2008, 11:43 AM
TLC's Avatar
TLC TLC is offline
Caribou
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: southern, Il
Posts: 640
Default

used to doing the filming and shooting myself. but enjoy it more when the wife does the filming. when she doesn't forget to hit the record button that is.
__________________
www.Everyday-Hunter.com
www.heirloomgamecalls.com
Lifetime Member Buckmasters
Ted Nugent United Sportsman of America
Bowhunter
Hunt hard, go home happy, thank God for all he has given you
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-31-2008, 08:16 PM
indiana boy's Avatar
indiana boy indiana boy is offline
Antelope
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: West Central Indiana
Posts: 118
Default

It does feel a little weird. I seem to always shoot something when I am by myself.
__________________
Live to Hunt, Hunt to Live
HOOSIER H.I.T SQUAD Team Member
www.hoosierhitsquad.com
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-31-2008, 08:30 PM
TLC's Avatar
TLC TLC is offline
Caribou
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: southern, Il
Posts: 640
Default

yep, indiana boy, usually the way it works. by yourself, or the camera isn't on or its in the wrong spot.
__________________
www.Everyday-Hunter.com
www.heirloomgamecalls.com
Lifetime Member Buckmasters
Ted Nugent United Sportsman of America
Bowhunter
Hunt hard, go home happy, thank God for all he has given you
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-01-2008, 07:06 AM
bullmoose38's Avatar
bullmoose38 bullmoose38 is offline
Moose
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pine Grove, PA
Posts: 2,590
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLC View Post
yep, indiana boy, usually the way it works. by yourself, or the camera isn't on or its in the wrong spot.
Aint that the truth! Had to leave a good buck walk 2 years ago because we didnt have the camera setup yet. It was only 5 yards!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-01-2008, 10:33 AM
firediver's Avatar
firediver firediver is offline
Musk Ox
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Carroll County, IL.
Posts: 1,096
Default

If I didn't have Brian with me.....I'd never see a deer

Actually, it is funny how it goes in streaks. There will be a stretch where he spots everything first and then LONG stretches where I spot everything first

FYI......when he is spotting everything first, I'm probably napping

I like having someone in the tree with me and I try to avoid being out there alone. I would hate to miss something on film!!!!

I have to say though....there were a couple days later in the season this year where it was a nice change of pace to go solo.....leaving all of the camera gear in the truck.

The one time cost me though because I had a hot doe in the area and 4 nice 8pts were running her ragged. I even had one buck snort wheeze at 20 yards. Not a bit of footage to share though
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-01-2008, 12:19 PM
HurricaneCreek's Avatar
HurricaneCreek HurricaneCreek is offline
Black Bear
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Douglas/Clark County, IL
Posts: 384
Send a message via MSN to HurricaneCreek
Default

I guess I just haven't gotten the filming bug. I always go solo and it would feel really, really weird if someone were filming me, or even watching me for that matter I think that would make me very, very nervous. I do take a little teeny tiny Sony video camera that records on an SD card just to catch "neat" stuff but I've never tried to film a hunt.
__________________
Kim R

PSE X-Force SS
Wac 'Em Tritons

You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need---Vernon Howard
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-02-2008, 09:06 PM
BRIAN34's Avatar
BRIAN34 BRIAN34 is offline
Caribou
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: MT CARROLL IL
Posts: 638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by firediver View Post
If I didn't have Brian with me.....I'd never see a deer

Actually, it is funny how it goes in streaks. There will be a stretch where he spots everything first and then LONG stretches where I spot everything first

FYI......when he is spotting everything first, I'm probably napping

I like having someone in the tree with me and I try to avoid being out there alone. I would hate to miss something on film!!!!

I have to say though....there were a couple days later in the season this year where it was a nice change of pace to go solo.....leaving all of the camera gear in the truck.

The one time cost me though because I had a hot doe in the area and 4 nice 8pts were running her ragged. I even had one buck snort wheeze at 20 yards. Not a bit of footage to share though
man what a fun year we had!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump