Go Back   Archer's Choice Media Forums > Hunting Forums > BND - Bear'N Down

Old 03-03-2010, 07:40 PM
Muley

Default Hey Timba

Ya..the boy is doing awesome! Thanks for asking!!!! Hope u get a pumkin head up north in Sask! You got to post pics when u get em. Are they closing bear hunting for non res only? What is the deal with these do gooder politicians regulating something that they don't have a clue how to regulate in the first place?GRRRRRRRRRR! Upsets me to hear that. Wish u the best of luck!
Norm
2 many broadheads 2 list
James 1:1-4
Old 03-03-2010, 09:19 PM
Muley

Default welcome to come

My group is getting small for the hunt(3 guys and their families). If any of you would like to join our group I think that would be awesome! We get to hunt a 100sq. mile area thats not been hunted in 8 years. Last year I got to go in there arter my hunt was over. The trails are so grown over that Gary has to get in there and do alot of brush clearing. We saw tons of sign on the main logging road in. I'm trying to talk Gary into letting me come up with my chainsaw this spring to do some of the clearing with him. If I do I will post pics of this place! Can't wait to see what kind of bears we'll get out of there!
Our group hunts the last full week of Aug. Talkin bears has got me wishin I was spring bear huntin this year!!
Norm
2 many broadheads 2 list
Old 04-25-2010, 11:21 AM
Whitetail

check out www.greyowlcamps.com ,only take 10 hunters per year.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:15 AM
Muley

Default Thanks Buzz

I checked them out before. They do look like an awesome outfitter! Whitesands takes usually less than 10 per year. I think there is only 6 this year. I think he will only take a few more guys. There is soooo much good habitat. With the few hunters Gary takes, the hunting is the best that I've found. It's hard to switch when the hunting is this good. The longest I've hunted was half way into my second night of the hunt!!! Thanks for the info. If I ever try another camp I'll give them a good hard look again. Only 3 months till fall bear at its best.......can't wait. Already getting the shakes.
Norm
2 many broadheads 2 list
Old 05-17-2010, 10:57 AM
Musk Ox

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzyb View Post
check out www.greyowlcamps.com ,only take 10 hunters per year.
I've spent the night in Biscotasi before boating over to our fishing camp on Lake Ramsey. It's a small town with few year round residents. I have seen some huge bears in fishinig camp on Ramsey so my guess is they have some very big bruins there too. I have been asking the fishing camp owner to do some bear huntiing and he's a new owner so some year soon I think he might. I got my name on his list.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:37 PM
Muley

Default my bad

I guess I have not checked out Grey Owl Camps. When I saw the name It reminded me of another camp in Northwest Ontario. I think they are called Grey Ghost Outfitters. My bad. I have to say that would be a haul from my home to Grey Owl. The rates are a little cheaper and the hunting is as good as I've seen. Lot less driving as well for me. Plus this year my little group is possibly going to be able to hunt one of Gary's BMA's that has not been hunted in 8 years now!!!!! We went in there last fall after our hunt was done and I about went nuts looking at the bear sign. The logging roads in there are so over grown the brush was hitting 2 feet in on the front of the ol' bait truck. This falls hunt is gonna be a good one! Got to stop talking about it now or I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight... I wish everyone a great spring and fall hunt this year!! God Bless
Norm
2 many broadheads 2 list