Go Back   Archer's Choice Media Forums > Archer's Choice Media Forums > The ACM Hang Out

Old 11-05-2009, 08:24 AM
Caribou

Thumbs up IL hunting/fishing license fees are probably going up

Here they go again, Quinn just needs to sign it. I'm sure he's not going to turn away this revenue source. I wouldn't mind the increases if they are actually going to benefit the DNR and those that pay for the licenses. Our DNR has been robbed over the past few years to help "bail out" the rest of the state. Also in the area of Northern IL where I live, the state has been shooting deer because of CWD so our numbers are down and we are going to be paying more to hunt them.... Each fee isn't going up much but add up what I usually get for tags in 1 year, I don't always fill the tags but I still like to have them so I can hunt each season.

2 shotgun tags ($20 increase)
1 muzzle loader tag ($10 increase)
1 combo archery tag ($20 increase)
hunting Lic. ($5 increase)
state waterfowl stamp ($5 increase)

That's $60 bucks right there, I'm sure our late season tags are going to go up too, as the habitat stamp will too. We have very limited public hunting access, and in Mchenry county we have to get into a lottery and pay to hunt public land.....Our state is messed up.

Don't miss the new epidsodes of ARCHERS CHOICE. Mondays at 10:00am, Tuesday at 6:00 am and Sundays at 12:00 est!!
Old 11-05-2009, 02:05 PM
Black Bear

That's a bummer when DNR has to bail out everyone else. Iowa has been sneaking prices up too. Fortunately for me, I finally got my VA rating and after paying $5.50 I don't ever have to buy a hunting or fishing license or pay for habitat stamps ever again!
Old 11-05-2009, 07:08 PM
Antelope

I will be there with you. The problem I see with increased prices is that more people will not register the deer that they are shooting and reuse the tag. This is already a problem. Also we all know that the money will not stay within the agency. Springfield needs to get a clue!!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2009, 07:45 PM
Moose

We have a poaching problem here. Especially since they went to and online licensing system, which allows you to make up your own transport tag. Before they did that, the transport tag was attache to your deer tag. When you killed a deer, you took it off attached it to the deer and HAD to check the deer in. Now, guys can make out a tag and if DNR doesn't check them, they can drive on home and never check in their animal.

http://www.huntsd.net/

http://www.beesource.com/forums/index.php

http://www.purgatoryironworks.com
Old 11-05-2009, 07:49 PM
Caribou

wow, it's been one of those days....forgot to add the link to the story.
http://www.prairiestateoutdoors.com/...fee_increases/

Don't miss the new epidsodes of ARCHERS CHOICE. Mondays at 10:00am, Tuesday at 6:00 am and Sundays at 12:00 est!!
Old 11-06-2009, 08:03 AM
Elk

More and more states are going to on-line registration, or phone in due to trying to cut costs of check in sysyems. I believe they want to believe hunters will be honest and do what they are supposed to do. Sad, that some hunters are not doing that and reducing themselves to poachers. Why? Are they just being lazy, or are they really trying to beat the system? Ultimately gonna hurt everyone. Maybe hunter need to hold each other more accountable. Make sure our buddies are filling out the tags as necessary. Be sure we are taking only as many and what the law allows.
Sad that "when no one is looking" some people are willing to take the low road. Just gives all hunters a bad name.
As far as tag prices, the DNR's have finally noticed that with the economy as it is they can stick it to hunters now, too.
But, just as everyone complained about gas prices, yet, still went to the pumps anyway and paid the price, grumbling all the way, hunters will do the same. Very few are willing to give up what they want to stand in unity and protest the rising costs. Whether it is gas or hunting tags.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:45 PM
Black Bear

If other states would have followed Missouri's way of doing it, 1/8 of 1 percent of all sales tax, you wouldn't have those problems. It may not be perfect, but our tag and license prices don't jump that much or that often. Also, the governor doesn't have anything to do with the MDC and their monies cannot be touched by the rest of the state for anything.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:29 PM
Caribou

Remember our govenor for the last several years was Blagojevich.....he raided our DNR and closed a bunch of state parks.