Old 06-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Elk

Note to self: low on hogs and fish not deer!!!!
Old 06-06-2008, 01:59 PM
Bighorn

Hang on a sec here...

Now we all know I;m not even close to what normal people consider an expert. Not even sure I have officially hit "Nube" status honestly...

But I believe I recall someone at some point discussing shot placement. He used a video that displayed a deer dropping down about 4 inches straight down as the arrow came in. The idea was if you take into account that the deer tend to do that, then aiming lower would put the shaft right in the heart.

Am I off base here? If so... I need to change our practice shots all over again!
Old 06-06-2008, 04:11 PM
Elk

Some deer do, but, you can not bank on it. So what you want is double lung. If you get heart and lungs, all the better, but, the heart is a very small target compared to the size of lungs. And as Ralph says over and over again, Quartering away, behind the shoulder and aim for your arrow to hit the opposite front leg. Double lung every time and he ain't going far!!!! Always aim for where your arrow will exit.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:44 PM
Muley

So we maybe kill a few every now and then.
Here is the haul from one night of two shooters last week, and we had lousy aim that night.

Now does anyone want to take me up on my offer? lol This very well might be my favorite archery thing now. It is too much fun. You can go out, hoot and holler, laugh and cut up, get hundreds of shots, stay out late. And this is the only sport you can miss 20 times in a row in and still have fun.

Huntin' is always better in Kentucky
Trevor

www.lostrivergamecalls.com
Old 06-18-2008, 11:20 PM
Antelope

Default bowfishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybowhntr View Post
Note to self: low on hogs and fish not deer!!!!
ladybowhntr

if you ever get down to the La Crosse area reply to me. I've actually shot some water hogs in your home town. My partner and I just got done with a one day tourney and shot (4) 55 gallon barrels full of fish in a 6 hr period which ended up being 1157 lbs of fish. I'm always looking for someone new to get in the sport of bowfishing.

Shane
Old 06-19-2008, 07:49 AM
Elk

Cool. I'm gonna be in Buffalo Co next week. Was planning on taking my bowfishing bow with me. Got alot to do, so I don't know what I will end up doing for fun, but, I"ll be ready. Will send you a PM.
Thanks.