Old 03-10-2008, 09:01 PM
Caribou

And yes Tiffany was in a BIKINI!!!![/QUOTE]

Hmmmmmmm.......I must have missed that part

Don't miss the new epidsodes of ARCHERS CHOICE. Mondays at 10:00am, Tuesday at 6:00 am and Sundays at 12:00 est!!
Old 03-12-2008, 08:45 AM
Elk

We have a lake about 1000 yards from my house (40,000 acres - Richland Chambers Lake). There is Carp and Alligator Gar in there and bowfishing is pretty popular. I have never gone but want to. I have a good friend that does it. I'll go with him this year. I know a guy that charges 60 bucks a person and guarantees 100 shots a night. He also does Lake Fairfield about 20 minutes down the road. On that lake he bowfishes Tilapia. He's got a boat, bows, the works.

Kevin

Pro Staff: Bowtech, Alpen Optics, ThermaCELL, Hawglite, RedHawk Archery, StarrFlight Archery, ProString, Valkyrie Archery, Global Outfitters, Buck Bomb, Mossy Oak
Old 03-13-2008, 10:39 PM
Caribou

I'd love to go for gator gar sometime! Did you ever see the one the guys at Aim Low shot a couple years ago? I'll see if I could find the link

Don't miss the new epidsodes of ARCHERS CHOICE. Mondays at 10:00am, Tuesday at 6:00 am and Sundays at 12:00 est!!
Old 03-14-2008, 10:14 AM
Caribou

Send a message via Yahoo to TxStarr

My neighbors are into bowfishing. Here is a link to their site:

http://www.garguys.com/
-- Lucille Ball
Old 03-22-2008, 01:21 PM
Bighorn

I've seen some Gar Hunters on TV. No way in heck I would try that. Call me chicken, but an 8 foot fish that can rip a leg off ain't no fish I want to tangle with. More power and prayers to those that do, but those things scare the tar out of me!

Ain't natural...
Old 03-30-2008, 08:06 PM
Black Bear

Looking to get started into this end of hunting maybe at some point this year. Just got to get all the gear, that will get me started.

Matt
Old 04-01-2008, 04:11 PM
Elk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rick View Post
Call me chicken, but an 8 foot fish that can rip a leg off ain't no fish I want to tangle with. Ain't natural...
Worse yet, I actually swim and jetski on that lake with my 6yr old on that lake.

Fairfield Lake is about 30 minutes away and there is tilapia in there.

Kevin

Pro Staff: Bowtech, Alpen Optics, ThermaCELL, Hawglite, RedHawk Archery, StarrFlight Archery, ProString, Valkyrie Archery, Global Outfitters, Buck Bomb, Mossy Oak
Old 05-02-2008, 02:49 PM
Muley

been started for a few weeks now shooting carp and buff, the big gar are starting to get close and it is as exciting as shooting any big deer Talk about a blast when you stick one over 200lbs and burns the line off your reel and you watch the float haul tail down the river. down on the coast in the marsh at night you can shoot till your arms fall off. Big gar eat good too, though they are a pain to clean. gator is fun too!!
Old 06-06-2008, 09:13 AM
Elk

I've just taken up this sport, as you can see in another post, and man it is fun. Keeps you practicing shooting and I do believe what I was told, it helps you become a better shot.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:27 PM
Caribou

Just remember not to aim low when shooting at a whitetail!!!