Old 03-20-2008, 12:41 PM
Elk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great White Hunter View Post
Yeah, OK has got a lot of hogs but not like here. Texas has more than any other state. I might even venture to guess that Texas may have more than all other states combined. They place estimates anywhere from 2 million to 4+ million here in Texas. There are a lot!
OK, so when can we have a forum hunt near you?
Old 03-20-2008, 12:56 PM
Black Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACPOSSETIM View Post
Does anyone hunt hogs in the midwest?
Nuge has property in Michigan that has hog hunting. Thinking about going there for a couple days in the fall.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:53 PM
Elk

Yeah, he's also got a place down here over in Crawford (fitting that he has a Ranch right near our own President's ranch).

Kevin

Pro Staff: Bowtech, Alpen Optics, ThermaCELL, Hawglite, RedHawk Archery, StarrFlight Archery, ProString, Valkyrie Archery, Global Outfitters, Buck Bomb, Mossy Oak
Old 03-20-2008, 01:59 PM
Elk

Paul,

I tried to get one together but there doesn't seem to be much interest. I even found a place in Palestine, TX (1 hr from me) for 25 bucks a day, camping in tents/trailers, it includes food and you only pay for what you kill (50 bucks/hog no trophy fee). My buddy has a place in Mexia that I said we could go to that actually has lodging for a little more. I posted his website in another thread in this hog hunting section. If I had land that'd carry everyone I would do it myself. Even if I did it would still be a camping or Hotel type of thing so even then the 1st thing I listed is incredibly cheap. It is bowhunting so get your bow out and start practicing.

If ya'll have a change of heart let me know. There's lots of hogs around.

Kevin

Pro Staff: Bowtech, Alpen Optics, ThermaCELL, Hawglite, RedHawk Archery, StarrFlight Archery, ProString, Valkyrie Archery, Global Outfitters, Buck Bomb, Mossy Oak
Old 03-20-2008, 02:27 PM
Black Bear

Yes there is hog hunting in the Midwest. Visit my friend's Web site at
www.boartuffoutdoors.com
for strictly hog hunting info.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:46 PM
Elk

Hi Lisa. Is that group out of Missouri? I recognize a few of the names from a sight I'm active on called Texasboars. I hunt with a number of people from Texasboars and know some of the other guys like Kevin Ryer and Cody Weiser (Weiser Weight and Tusk) through phone, forums, shows, etc. They are good people. In fact, hog hunters are some of the nicest people you'd ever want to meet. Looks like your friend has a great site! I might join up there too! Never enough Hog Info goin' around.

Kevin

Old 03-20-2008, 09:30 PM
Black Bear

Hey Kevin,
Yes the main guys BT is based in Missouri, he started BTO and runs it. I hunted with him a few years ago, he is one of the nicest guys in the world. On that hunt I shot a big hog (will see if I can post a pix) but BT is the guy you need to talk to. If you need his private e-mail, let me know I will connect you too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lisa-hog.jpg (14.9 KB, 10 views)
Old 03-21-2008, 09:23 AM
Elk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great White Hunter View Post
Paul,

I tried to get one together but there doesn't seem to be much interest. I even found a place in Palestine, TX (1 hr from me) for 25 bucks a day, camping in tents/trailers, it includes food and you only pay for what you kill (50 bucks/hog no trophy fee). My buddy has a place in Mexia that I said we could go to that actually has lodging for a little more. I posted his website in another thread in this hog hunting section. If I had land that'd carry everyone I would do it myself. Even if I did it would still be a camping or Hotel type of thing so even then the 1st thing I listed is incredibly cheap. It is bowhunting so get your bow out and start practicing.

If ya'll have a change of heart let me know. There's lots of hogs around.
I'm ready to go anytime I have the extra cash (which hopefully won't be long now...our taxes are done, and don't forget the "stimulus" rebates, too). I have to get a bow worth hunting with, though. My only bow right now is a Youth bow, and it only has a 35-lb draw.