Old 01-10-2010, 11:35 AM
Muley

Default Katera

Hey Hoyt guys
Bought a new Katera on Archery Talk and had a question about its sound level. When I shoot she lets out a loud WHAP or almost a CRACK! Is that do to the stealth shot? Should I look at some ad ons to quiet her up? Right now its set up pretty much factory. There is no factory string shox(don't know what they are called)on the top part of the string. Any info would help. Thanks.
2 many broadheads 2 list
James 1:1-4
Old 01-11-2010, 11:27 AM
Caribou

I have SVL string leaches on mine and that's it...never had a problem with game jumping the string.
NAP Spitfires
Old 01-11-2010, 10:41 PM
Caribou

Check how your stealth shot is set, you want the string to be touching but not with too much pressure. Also check your timing, and make sure everything is tight (mounting bolts/limb lock bolts/etc.) Also if you are shooting a drop away make sure it is timed right and if you need something under the launchers to keep them from whacking the riser. I would throw a set of stringshox....they won't hurt! good luck!!

Don't miss the new epidsodes of ARCHERS CHOICE. Mondays at 10:00am, Tuesday at 6:00 am and Sundays at 12:00 est!!
Old 01-23-2010, 10:25 AM
Muley

Default now quiet

When I first started shooting the bow I shot next to my garage. It has aluminum siding. I feel like a bone head because when I shoot away from the building the bow is quiet a church mouse fart lol. Egg on my face!!! Thanks for the help all. Take care!
2 many broadheads 2 list
James 1:1-4