Old 07-11-2009, 10:28 AM
Muley

Default Daughter Draws

I was the lucky one in our family to draw a Moose tag in VT last year. My wife has been putting in as long as I have and not drawn yet, but wouldn't you know it my daughter drew a tag this year. They had the same number of prefference points as that started a few years ago. So one in my family is going to be happy... well both of them and I need to get a camera ready for this and start the scouting!
Old 07-12-2009, 08:42 AM
Black Bear

Congrats to your daughter.

We still have to wait nearly a month before we will find out if our gang got a tag.

Matt
Old 07-12-2009, 10:31 AM
Antelope

Awesome!! It is so much fun hunting with our kids! We find out on Tuesday, the 14th of July, what we have drawn. Good luck to all this year.

Gord
Old 07-15-2009, 12:33 PM
Antelope

Default 2009 draws

Well, no moose for my daughter and I this year in Alberta, but that was to be expected, as we both had it last year. I did get drawn for muley bucks in my favorite spot; he'll have to be over 200" before I dump the string or drop the hammer, though. On another note, I'm still going to BC for moose/caribou in Sep, soooo..........We'll keep y'all posted.

Gord
Old 08-17-2009, 04:47 PM
Muley

There doesn't seem to be a lot of moose hunters on this site - too bad.

Last year as part of my archery group I was drawn for a bull moose in WMU 24 here in Ontario - unfortunately the gods of hunting didn't smile on us, and we were unsuccessful.

This year I was relegated to pool 2 in the draw, which generally means you have next to no chance of being drawn for an adult animal - - unless you apply for an archery cow in certain WMUs. Well that's how I applied, and lo and behold I was drawn for a cow. Since the other guys were unsuccessful in the bull draw, this cow tag will be our only adult tag this year.

I'm just hoping we don't have a repeat of three years ago when we had only a cow tag, and had a gigantic bull come in to our set-up.

I'm scheduled for this hunt in mid-september. I have my firearms moose hunt a month later, but we'll be hunting calves only when we get up there.