Go Back   Archer's Choice Media Forums > Hunting Forums > BND - Bear'N Down

Old 02-13-2008, 11:06 PM
Caribou

I agree Duck Mountain is a great outfitter, I've met them and a buddy of mine hunted w/ them looks like it's a great camp w/ huge bears!

Don't miss the new epidsodes of ARCHERS CHOICE. Mondays at 10:00am, Tuesday at 6:00 am and Sundays at 12:00 est!!
Old 02-15-2008, 10:24 AM
Musk Ox

Thanks for the lead on Duck Mountain Outfitters. I'd be interesed in that one for sure after looking at the bears taken last year. I wonder how much effort it is to get into camp there? Flying is the main way I'd start off with but to where and how long does it take?
I emailed them for more information from their website.

Last edited by Bow Drawn; 02-15-2008 at 10:31 AM.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:26 PM
Antelope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bow Drawn View Post
Thanks for the lead on Duck Mountain Outfitters. I'd be interesed in that one for sure after looking at the bears taken last year. I wonder how much effort it is to get into camp there? Flying is the main way I'd start off with but to where and how long does it take?
I emailed them for more information from their website.
Most hunters fly into Winnipeg then rent a car and drive up to his place aprox. 5 hours he is on the north side of the duck mountains small town called minitonas give him a call I think he is almost booked up. Maybe i'll see you up there Tom asked me to guide for him this spring. Just tell him that Harv pointed you in this direction.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:55 PM
Whitetail

Default best place to bear hunt

We have been to Alberta and that is where I took my first black bear. Not the biggest bear in Alberta, but certainly the best.
Awesome outfitter, good food, everyone else saw lots of bears.
In May we went to Saskatchewan and everywhere we hunted was at least an hour boat ride from the camp.
Outfitters are Indians and they know how to hunt bears. 45 minutes up Saskatchewan River is the nearest town. Camp is on an island with log cabins and a hot shower.
My bear was 400+ and a definate 7 footer. Beautiful chocolate color. Will definately make p&Y.
He will be a full mount in my basement when I finally get my hide back from the taxidermist in Canada.
Truely the hunt of a lifetime.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:39 AM
Bighorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4PinkMuzzys View Post
We have been to Alberta and that is where I took my first black bear. Not the biggest bear in Alberta, but certainly the best.
Awesome outfitter, good food, everyone else saw lots of bears.
In May we went to Saskatchewan and everywhere we hunted was at least an hour boat ride from the camp.
Outfitters are Indians and they know how to hunt bears. 45 minutes up Saskatchewan River is the nearest town. Camp is on an island with log cabins and a hot shower.
My bear was 400+ and a definate 7 footer. Beautiful chocolate color. Will definately make p&Y.
He will be a full mount in my basement when I finally get my hide back from the taxidermist in Canada.
Truely the hunt of a lifetime.

were did you go in sask?

timba
Old 02-21-2008, 10:52 AM
Muley

Default Bear Hunt

I am going to biggrass outfitters in Manitoba this spring. They have a great color phase success and overall success is good also. They have a great web page with some big bears.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:45 PM
Musk Ox

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG T View Post
I am going to biggrass outfitters in Manitoba this spring. They have a great color phase success and overall success is good also. They have a great web page with some big bears.
Can you share with us that web site address? Manitoba has got to be one of the top five places for quality large black bear.

When you get back tell us how it went.
Old 02-21-2008, 05:06 PM
Antelope

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG T View Post
When in the spring are you going ?

http://biggrassoutfitters.com/
http://www.duckmountainoutfitters.com/
Old 02-22-2008, 04:02 PM
Muley

Default Spring

I will be there last of April first few days of May. Hope we didn't go to early. It was a last minute choice after a caribou hunt fell apart.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:04 PM
Muley

Default where to go for bear

I went to new brunwick last year an going back again this year jlr hunting on the top if u google it . Very good place they went way out of they way to do things for us .