Old 01-26-2008, 07:45 AM
Caribou

Default Anyone else...........

.......obsessed with shooting a droptine buck? I have wanted to shoot one since i started bowhunting. We had a big droptine buck in my hunting area for a couple of years. I saw him plenty of times, but he never came in bowhunting range. A friend of mine missed him at 40 yards, with a shotgun.. he was a giant. his drop was atleast 12 inches long, not sure what ever happened to that deer never heard....
Old 01-26-2008, 08:33 AM
Muley

it sure would be nice
Old 01-26-2008, 09:09 AM
Bighorn

I really want to get one with a double drop tine,I've only see one over the years and it was a week before rifle and never saw him agian.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:17 PM
Black Bear

Send a message via MSN to HurricaneCreek

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIAN34 View Post
...:. he was a giant. his drop was atleast 12 inches long, not sure what ever happened to that deer never heard....
WOW, that would be an awesome deer to see!! I would absolulety love to shoot one like that !!!

PSE X-Force SS
Wac 'Em Tritons

You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need---Vernon Howard
Old 01-26-2008, 03:45 PM
Moose

I just want to kill something in the 150's. but if it had droptine and scored 149 I guess I would be happy!
Old 01-26-2008, 04:07 PM
Caribou

I had already shot a 120's a couple years back, and had an encounter with a buck I still wish I had shot. It was only a year and a half old (I had seen him a couple of times over the summer so I figured I'd let him grow for a while.....unfortunately he was shot during gun season by someone who didn't realize what he was....just thought he was a broken off spike) I had also had my eye on a 150's, so that made it a little easier to pass at the time. The 1 1/2 yr old had a 1' long spike on the left side with 2" forks, on the other side the pedicle was directly behind his eye and the antler grew down the side of his head so it was about 3" - 4" below his jaw then ended with a baseball sized knot I rattled him in and had him directly below my stand for about 5 minutes then he walked around looking for the fight for a while I drew on him at 15 yds, but couldn't talk myself into pulling the trigger because I only had the one buck tag left and had been seeing that 150's. I also convinced myself that because I had seen him a couple times that I'd see him next year So much for being greedy, from now on something cool like that is gonna be in trouble!

Don't miss the new epidsodes of ARCHERS CHOICE. Mondays at 10:00am, Tuesday at 6:00 am and Sundays at 12:00 est!!
Old 01-26-2008, 10:42 PM
Elk

I'd love to SEE a droptine buck live, even if I DON'T get a shot at it!
Old 01-26-2008, 11:13 PM
Whitetail

I hunted a double drop tine for two years...on three different properties, but only got to see him 3 times. I had to pass on several shooter bucks...but it was worth it. You can't get them all.

http://mikesnleslies.googlepages.com/home
Old 01-27-2008, 10:25 AM
Antelope

i would love to get one...not obsessed with it though.

i am however obsessed with a 170+ perfect symetry buck.

Darton Pro 3000---Darton Wrangler---Elite GTO---Elite Synergy XT---Bowtech Allegiance---Archery Research AR-31---Carbon Express---Muzzy MX-3
Old 01-27-2008, 10:39 AM
Moose

Yeah...that'd be too cool! I really LOVE those non-typical big boys, more so than typical!

http://www.huntsd.net/

http://www.beesource.com/forums/index.php

http://www.purgatoryironworks.com