Old 01-27-2008, 03:43 PM
Caribou

You can hunt on any land in NH that is not posted. It is common courtesy to ask permission. And there is not much land over 10 acres that is posted due to the tax liability. You get better tax breaks if you have your land open for recreation/hunting. The only bad part of this is that once a good area is found the word gets out and the next thing you know the hunting pressure increases.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:08 PM
Moose

Holy cats! I'm going to NH to hunt!!!!

http://www.huntsd.net/

http://www.beesource.com/forums/index.php

http://www.purgatoryironworks.com
Old 01-27-2008, 07:15 PM
Antelope

Leasing is pretty common in KY. The going rate is $10/acre, but it is pretty difficult to find a good farm to hunt. Like with everywhere else, once the word gets out that there are good deer, everybody starts stating their bid to the place. We have exclusive hunting rights on 2 farms, one we lease (500 acres) and one we get to hunt for free (2000)...ok, now before anyone says anything...it may sound like we have a deal, but we have a HUGE problem with poachers in this state One afternoon, we were out scouting the 500 acre farm and an 8-point in velvet was shot about 15 yards away from us
Old 01-27-2008, 10:18 PM
Antelope

Have no clue what leased land runs around here. Knock on wood I dont have to worry about that right now!
Old 01-28-2008, 08:44 AM
Muley

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmcntry View Post
Do you lease land to hunt? If so how much per acre do you pay?

We lease around 400 acres at $8.00/acre. Have a great landowner so we're happy with that, but in the same county we've seen leases as high as $25.00/acre. To us that is just crazy. It's not like NC is known for 150-200" bucks.

In addition we have around 300 more acres that we have permission to hunt at no cost.
what area are you in NC. I use to go down that way a few times a year to visit friends. I use to look around at some of the land in wilkes and surry counties for hunting and to fish.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:47 AM
Muley

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhbowhunter21 View Post
You can hunt on any land in NH that is not posted. It is common courtesy to ask permission. And there is not much land over 10 acres that is posted due to the tax liability. You get better tax breaks if you have your land open for recreation/hunting. The only bad part of this is that once a good area is found the word gets out and the next thing you know the hunting pressure increases.
yep so good areas in NH, but you have to keep them to your selfs. I stopped hunting up there for a while. But I did well, My biggest was a 8pt 180lbs with a bow.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:49 AM
Muley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monie View Post
Come on over any time, theres land like that in NH, MA,VT and ME. There is also tons of state land to hunt.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:56 AM
Caribou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monie View Post
It's great to hunt but there is not as much game as there is in other states. You really have to work at it. I know people who have hunted for a couple of years without any luck, however, I believe that it is their hunting method(s) more than no deer.

Yeah, it is kinda neat being able to just drive out to some new area off of a back road and just go in and hunt.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:00 PM
Caribou

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhbowhunter21 View Post
It's great to hunt but there is not as much game as there is in other states. You really have to work at it. I know people who have hunted for a couple of years without any luck, however, I believe that it is their hunting method(s) more than no deer.

Yeah, it is kinda neat being able to just drive out to some new area off of a back road and just go in and hunt.
My buddy got a 10pt 197lb(field dressed) buck near the end of the season this year. He was in a hidden area near developed land. We are in the process of scouting the same area for next year's hunt. It took 3 of us an hour and a half to drag him a quarter mile out of the woods. There was no flat terrain.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:50 PM
Moose

nhbowhunter, You are right its tuff hunting in NH. I couldnt get over how thick it was when I was moose hunting. I did manage to miss a buck with my bow. Where are you from? My buddy lives near Londonderry. He is a firefighter in Manchester. I hunted moose in the town of Stark.