Old 01-24-2008, 08:59 AM
Black Bear

Default Lease land?

Do you lease land to hunt? If so how much per acre do you pay?

We lease around 400 acres at $8.00/acre. Have a great landowner so we're happy with that, but in the same county we've seen leases as high as $25.00/acre. To us that is just crazy. It's not like NC is known for 150-200" bucks.

In addition we have around 300 more acres that we have permission to hunt at no cost.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:46 AM
Muley

Send a message via Yahoo to ildeercamp
Default lease land

that is cheap here in so. il. as low as 25.00 to 94.00 ac. near Marion Il. In johnson co. 45.00 is the norn.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:16 AM
Antelope

$10 to $80 bucks an acre here!
Old 01-24-2008, 01:26 PM
Caribou

and the numbers in west central illinois are even higher. IF you can even find a place an outfitter hasn't grabbed. those numbers are the very reason I bought my place in southern illinois.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:54 PM
Moose

Its hard to lease land in Pa. We leased land that was gonna get developed for one year. We paid $500 for around 60 acres. As soon as you lease something it causes an uproar in our area. Everybody in my area expects everything to be free. I dont have a problem with people leasing land. It sucks to lose hunting ground but at the same time it helps eliminate trespassers. And it usually makes for better hunting in the area. JMO.....
Old 01-24-2008, 02:48 PM
Bighorn

there is no leasing here but there is talk about it.If it happens I'll buy my own 160 acres of bush to hunt on.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:41 PM
Muley

I leased for 15 years. 1600 acres @ 5.00/acre. Landowner died, kids took over the farms and the lease went away. All good things come to an end.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:36 AM
Black Bear

Some of the ups of leasing here in NC is that the Forestry Service offers insurance for leases. The insurance is only $250.00/year for under 500 acres and covers both the leasee and the landowner.

Another up is that once your named the leasee you have the same rights as the landowner and can communicate with the game wardens and local law if you have any problems without having to get the landowner to do it for you.

The downside is if you get a lease at $8.00/acre and someone finds out about it there is always the chance someone will come in and offer $12.00/acre or more.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:35 AM
Antelope

Quote:
Originally Posted by timba View Post
there is no leasing here but there is talk about it.If it happens I'll buy my own 160 acres of bush to hunt on.
i know of quite abit of leasing in alberta, sask and manitoba and its getting to more of a problem every year. the only thing in our favour is the amount of crown (public) land available to us.

ive been contemplating the thought of moving to the states for a couple of years (medical industry is heavy recruiters) and the one stipulation on the move is the availability of land for hunting. i have friends in WY and am told unless youve been in the community for generations...good luck getting permission to hunt land.

i am also afraid that if i get into a lease agreement, the cost will continue to grow due to the bidding.

Darton Pro 3000---Darton Wrangler---Elite GTO---Elite Synergy XT---Bowtech Allegiance---Archery Research AR-31---Carbon Express---Muzzy MX-3
Old 01-27-2008, 01:10 PM
Bighorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by musky_xl View Post
i know of quite abit of leasing in alberta, sask and manitoba and its getting to more of a problem every year. the only thing in our favour is the amount of crown (public) land available to us.

ive been contemplating the thought of moving to the states for a couple of years (medical industry is heavy recruiters) and the one stipulation on the move is the availability of land for hunting. i have friends in WY and am told unless youve been in the community for generations...good luck getting permission to hunt land.

i am also afraid that if i get into a lease agreement, the cost will continue to grow due to the bidding.

I didn't think there was any leasing here,I've never heard of any one doing it.