Old 01-30-2009, 09:31 PM
Bighorn

Default Ufc 94

The fight I have been waiting for is going down tomorrow...

No no no... it's not Firediver vs Bullmoose38 in a dirty diaper match... though that would be interesting.

No this is a title fight for the UFC Welterweight Champion of the World!

George "Rush" St. Pierre, argueably THE best pound for pound fighter in the world, possibly ever, will place his belt on the line against the current UFC Light Weight Champion of the World in what could be a historic battle.

Should St. Pierre Take the victory, he will have faced down an opponnent who quite literally pummeled him into a pulp at their last meeting at UFC 58 in March of 2006. GSP took an accidental thumb in the eye early in the first round of that fight, and as his eye closed his vision was severely limited for the rest of the fight. Miraculously, he managed to take the next two rounds on the judges score cards and ultimately the victory over BJ Penn.

That loss has hung over Penn for almost three years, and if you know ANYTHING about Penn... you'll know that he can harbor a grudge. Just ask Jens Pulver. Those two have been firmly atop the ranks of "Blood Fueds". When BJ fought Pulver the last time, he dominated Pulver from the on set. Fans expected a knock down drag out brawl, and instead were treated to a classic MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) clinic put on by Penn.

Penn is no joke when it comes to the octagon, and should he defeat St. Pierre tomorrow night, he will be the only man in UFC history to simultaneously hold Championship belts in 2 weight divisions. And no matter who walks away the victor from this matchup, it will certainly be one for the record books, as this is about as even a match as can be made in the UFC. Both men are experts in the field of MMA. Both men are dangerous strikers with unbelievable ground games.

If Penn's abilities excede those of St. Pierre, it is in one area only: take down defense. In their first matchup, St.Pierre continually held one of Penn's legs firmly, once while Penn was on his back. Because of his inhuman flexbility, (demonstrated earlier in the year by Penn when he tucked a foot behind his head without the use of his hands), Penn rose from the ground as if on a wire on one leg and then proceded to bash GSP in the face as they rose, all while St. Pierre had control of Penn's leg.

For all of his talent, Penn is a loud-mouthed, brash, sometimes offensive fighter. His unrelenting ego sometimes serves as more of a hinderance than a help. GSP is the exact opposite. ALWAYS clad in suit and tie, he believes that though the fighters in the UFC work in brutality inside the octagon, they should carry themselves as gentleman outside of it. Though GSP has attempted to come across on occasion as the tough guy with a sharp tongue, he doesn't quite have the character pull it off. He does, however, go about his business quietly and prefers to let his performance speak for him.

So there you have it. This fight will really come down to who wants it more. GSP and BJ Penn have each lost the title and regained it. Now it's time to see who is willing to hold it.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:38 PM
Moose

Ahhhh....God love you, Rick! You make these boring nights fly by!

http://www.huntsd.net/

http://www.beesource.com/forums/index.php

http://www.purgatoryironworks.com
Old 01-30-2009, 09:42 PM
Bighorn

Well thanks Mon!

I hope tomorrow proves less boring! That Penn vs Pulver fight was a real let down. I wanted Jens to Pulver-ize him.

Hey... on that note... Where's ACPosseTim?? He and I usually exhange UFC talk. I haven't seen hime in a while.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:57 PM
Moose

Hmm.....couldn't say. Come to think of it, I haven't seen him in a while either. I'm sure he's just doing busy work...like shoveling the drive way.

http://www.huntsd.net/

http://www.beesource.com/forums/index.php

http://www.purgatoryironworks.com
Old 01-30-2009, 09:59 PM
Bighorn

I hope that's it. He's a good guy.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:23 AM
Caribou

I'll be in Penn's corner...that guy is amazing! I think if he can drag it into the late rounds and frustrate GSP then he'll pull off the win. I've seen it before when things don't go GSP's way he gets frustrated and quits. BJ has more heart and I think that's what this fight will come down to.
NAP Spitfires
Old 01-31-2009, 05:04 PM
rainman

Cool fight

go bj penn i will put my new alphamax on the line with penn winning this fight in the 2nd. only a few more hours. nothing better than bowhunting and mma and ..........................

r.m. out
Old 01-31-2009, 05:16 PM
Whitetail

I gotta go with BJ Penn, he's freaking awesome...GSP is great too but BJ should beat him down.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:00 PM
Musk Ox

Gsp!!!!!!!

REAL PEOPLE.
REAL HUNTING.
REAL ADVENTURE.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:09 AM
Musk Ox

Gps...gsp...gsp...gsp!!!!!!!

REAL PEOPLE.
REAL HUNTING.
REAL ADVENTURE.