Go Back   Archer's Choice Media Forums > Hunting Forums > Archers Choice

Old 01-08-2008, 08:09 AM
Muley

Default Other than your home state where you hunting in 08'

I am going to be heading to Ohio to chase whitetails this year. I hear they have some bigguns
Old 01-08-2008, 08:32 AM
Moose

Im not sure yet. We usually head to the midwest for spring gobblers. But this year we are taking that off because of high gas prices.
Man Im gonna miss that. Will be heading to NC for turkey though. Maryland for deer. And we want to do a couple other hunts just dont know what yet.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:38 AM
Muley

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullmoose38 View Post
Im not sure yet. We usually head to the midwest for spring gobblers. But this year we are taking that off because of high gas prices.
Man Im gonna miss that. Will be heading to NC for turkey though. Maryland for deer. And we want to do a couple other hunts just dont know what yet.
That sounds like a great time.

The gas thing is killing me...But I am not going to let it dictate where I go hunting,,,Life is just too short to stay home
Old 01-08-2008, 08:43 AM
Whitetail

Here in Alaska, then off to New Mexico for Antelope and Elk. Possibly to South Dakota for Deer. Have to see how much vacation time I can use.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:45 AM
Caribou

If all goes well, Colorado for elk in September and then Illinois in late October / early November for whitetails.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:52 AM
Muley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
If all goes well, Colorado for elk in September and then Illinois in late October / early November for whitetails.
Nice..

I gotta kinda stay close to home in 08' ( WIFES ORDERS)did the Caribou hunt in 07' but in 09' I am off to Oregon to hunt mulies and pronghorn.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:46 AM
Muley

Colorado elk and deer, Oklahoma in 2 weeks for ducks and geese, Kansas during turkey season and maybe a bear hunt with dogs in NM in Aug.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:49 AM
Musk Ox

WOW....I just realized that I don't have an out of state hunt planned
What is wrong with me!!! Maybe this explains why the wife has been nice to me

I honestly don't have any definite plans set....but a friend and I are tossing around the idea of a pack-in drop-camp hunt for elk in the fall. We will also continue putting in for a Valle Vidal (New Mexico) elk tag. One of these years we will hit the "jackpot"!!! I just hope I will be young enough to still hunt

I do have a lot of exciting plans for Illinois though. My hardcore-whitetail-chasing cameraman/hunting partner has never hunted turkeys. We are gonna' have some fun this spring and get it all on tape!!!! My spring "mission" is to film his first turkey kill.

Then, I'm hoping Adam (aka Freedom0115) can make it back out to Illinois for another exciting week of Illinois whitetail action in Oct or Nov.

Personally, I have set a goal to shoot a bigger buck this year. It only took me 21 years to get this year's buck...but if you are gonna' dream.....DREAM BIG
Old 01-08-2008, 11:01 AM
Moose

You guys have some awesome hunts planned!!

I'll be heading back out to Randy Routier's for muley. I'd like to do an elk hunt and maybe bear too. I'll also be looking into hunting in MD with Bullmoose.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:17 PM
Muley

At the end of August I am headed to Colorado for the first week of elk and mule deer season. In mid-September I am headed to Montana for elk, mule deer, and white tail. Then it is all white tails in Ohio and Indiana.