Old 01-29-2009, 02:45 AM
Bighorn

Default vid I have been working on

I've been trying to put together a video of all my 2008 footage but have been working on the this for days and of some reason my bear footage goes black in the video so I had to cut it.This is the best I could do with the crappy editing programs I have but this year I hopefuly do better.It 2am and had enough trying to figure out why I have the problems,so I off to bed good night .

http://s465.photobucket.com/albums/r...rent=retry.flv
Old 01-29-2009, 03:00 AM
Musk Ox

cool......catchy tune. I wish I was Alberta bound

REAL PEOPLE.
REAL HUNTING.
REAL ADVENTURE.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:15 AM
Musk Ox

Cool! What type of editing software are you using? I'd love to put together a little coon hunting dvd of my dogs, but I'm not sure what programs would allow me to edit it all together.

-----------------------------
I'm Proof As To What Little Girls Are Made Of
**GUNPOWDER & LEAD**
-----------------------------
Old 01-29-2009, 09:22 AM
Bighorn

Hang in there Timba.

I went through 4 video editors, 7 audio editors, and 7 hours of video for our hunt in September and I STILL don't have what I want! It's frustrating to say the least. I finally ended up with about 15 or 20 minutes of useable stuff out of 7 hours.

I ultimately used Windows Movie Maker for cutting and Nero 7 for compilation. The hardest part I found was not deciding what hits the floor and what goes in, but what music to use when filling gaps. Also, some of the audio was blasted out by wind hitting the mic in the camrea. ARG!!!! I had some REALLY good footage of Cheri giving us a wrap up of the last day out, and I had to trash most of it because of the STUPID FRIGGIN WIND!!!!

You might try getting into the settings on your program and tinkering with the output selections. I must have spent at least 5 nights trying to get it close to what I want.

Last edited by Colorado Rick; 01-29-2009 at 09:25 AM.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:23 AM
Bighorn

OH yeah...

Can you clear out your inbox in the PM's? I've been trying to send you a response and it keeps telling me you're all full.

Last edited by Colorado Rick; 01-29-2009 at 09:26 AM.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:43 AM
Musk Ox

Some awesome country and music works, good luck with it.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:53 AM
Bighorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioCooner View Post
Cool! What type of editing software are you using? I'd love to put together a little coon hunting dvd of my dogs, but I'm not sure what programs would allow me to edit it all together.

So far I have found windows movie maker to be the easiest to use.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:57 AM
Bighorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rick View Post
Hang in there Timba.

I went through 4 video editors, 7 audio editors, and 7 hours of video for our hunt in September and I STILL don't have what I want! It's frustrating to say the least. I finally ended up with about 15 or 20 minutes of useable stuff out of 7 hours.

I ultimately used Windows Movie Maker for cutting and Nero 7 for compilation. The hardest part I found was not deciding what hits the floor and what goes in, but what music to use when filling gaps. Also, some of the audio was blasted out by wind hitting the mic in the camrea. ARG!!!! I had some REALLY good footage of Cheri giving us a wrap up of the last day out, and I had to trash most of it because of the STUPID FRIGGIN WIND!!!!

You might try getting into the settings on your program and tinkering with the output selections. I must have spent at least 5 nights trying to get it close to what I want.

I have been using the windows movie maker and it worked really well but after it was done all the bear footage won't show up so I tried nero 7 and coudn't figure it out and went and bought roxio creator 8 and it was even harder to figure out.My brother in law does editing for a living I'll have to have him sit down with me and show me how all the stuff works.I hate it to when you compress it and it not clear

Pm is empty now.

timba
Old 01-29-2009, 10:58 AM
Bighorn

WMM crashed every time I tried to encode any type of DVD resolutions. GREAT for cutting though.

While I LOVED the functionality of WMM, because of the crashing, I had to go to Nero. It DOES NOT have the ability to do what WMM does, but I found a workaround regarding the clunky transitions they offer.

Let me know what you find out. As hard as this is, I am getting a kick out of it. Maybe we can get Freddy to give us an impromtu clinic, huh?

Old 01-29-2009, 02:29 PM
Musk Ox

I'm using Pinnacle 12 Ultimate and like it so far!!!

REAL PEOPLE.
REAL HUNTING.
REAL ADVENTURE.