Go Back   Archer's Choice Media Forums > Archer's Choice Media Forums > The ACM Hang Out

Old 01-27-2008, 12:11 PM
Muley

I agree shooting what works for you personally is better than what is most popular.
It's great to see alot of finger shooters still out there I thought we where a dieing breed.
Old 01-27-2008, 01:52 PM
Muley

Quote:
Originally Posted by manyfaces1 View Post
I agree shooting what works for you personally is better than what is most popular.
It's great to see alot of finger shooters still out there I thought we where a dieing breed.

yep there still alot of us still kicking around, I get a surprize from time to time at the range at one of the clubs I belong to and find another finger shooter to shoot with,
Old 01-27-2008, 02:55 PM
Caribou

When I was younger I shot a recurve with fingers only. I ended up giving up the bow as I thought that it was too difficult. I had no proper instruction to teach me the proper technique so I was all over the place with my shots and ended up giving up the bow until a couple of years ago. Now with a proper release that all changed. I don't think that I could go back to shooting with fingers.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:20 AM
Caribou

Send a message via Yahoo to TxStarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven45 View Post
I been shooting finger for 30 year and use I tab. My thing is if you shoot great within your limits why change what works. I rarely have to shoot at at a deer past 25 yards. I belive most people went to a release is due to some not being able to shoot tight groups and wanting to shoot out farther. (just my opinion)
Actually, I shoot with a release because (to quote my Dad) I am a candy a**. I have abused my hands something awful and refuse to even try finger shooting.

Also, I pay good money to get my nails done and refuse to mess them up. I know, I know, the whole girly thing. This is my one concession to being a girly girl (okay, maybe my second, I do get pedicures regularly also) and I ain't giving it up!! hehe!
-- Lucille Ball