Old 01-16-2009, 02:15 PM
Caribou

Actually, we didn't get busted by any that came into range before I could've killed them. The first buck and the spike were within 15 yards broadside for quite a while, completely unaware of our presence.

I was playing with them like Scott said, so eventually they figured out something was up.

As for the buck I passed, after watching the video a bunch of times, I still don't see where I could've told he was a shooter then. After he passed, he found a doe to chase and gave us a better look facing us, THAT is when I knew he was a shooter.

I'm OK with tag soup, I still had a blast!

"I suppose it's the way of hunters. We are very odd fellows." ~ Peter Hathaway Capstick
Old 01-16-2009, 03:24 PM
Musk Ox

You guys definitely had a great time and I know I would have too from watching the video. You were covered up with action and that's always a fun day. It's a boring day when nothing seems to be happening and no deer in the woods.

And that does make better sense if you were telling them to find you why and how it seemed you got busted.

As for two guys in the tree and all the other crap up a tree with you well that all comes with stardom brudder.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:31 AM
Elk

If it had been me, one of those two first bucks would probably have been in my freezer.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:18 AM
Bighorn

Hey that's was pretty good!

Editing is a BEAR!!! I out together a little video on our deer hunt this year and I must have spent 3 weeks just clipping and clipping and watching and rewatching, arranging and rearranging.

Audio is the FREAKIN WORST!!! I now know more about audio editors than I have EVER wanted to know.

Makes you respect what Freddie and Joe and Zander go through just to put a show together, let alone a whole season.

Nicely done Scott. Very cool!
Old 01-17-2009, 04:12 PM
Musk Ox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rick View Post
Makes you respect what Freddie and Joe and Zander go through just to put a show together, let alone a whole season.
Exactly......messing around with the program I have will definitely make me a better cameraman!!!

REAL PEOPLE.
REAL HUNTING.
REAL ADVENTURE.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:05 AM
Caribou

That was great....I just have one question,was that Adam crying at the end of it ? or just your editing ? lol........looks like y'all had a great time, lots of action.....
Old 01-19-2009, 10:48 AM
Caribou

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntnMa View Post
That was great....I just have one question,was that Adam crying at the end of it ? or just your editing ? lol........looks like y'all had a great time, lots of action.....

It was the editing, I was fine with passing that buck, then and now! haha

"I suppose it's the way of hunters. We are very odd fellows." ~ Peter Hathaway Capstick
Old 01-23-2009, 06:51 PM
Black Bear

Pretty neat video. The ending sure was different.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:39 AM
Whitetail

Scott,
Nice job on the editing. Also, congrats on your monster in Knox this year, I saw the pictures of your beast you killed and the one a friend of mine (Aaron) killed down there. The picture with the both of you holding your bucks was incredible!
Just one question. On the audio, I noticed the noise when the camerman zooms in and out. I used a canon XL-1s all season, and I noticed that when we reviewed some of the footage, we had the same noise on the tape. Is there anything you can do to eliminate this? Is it the way the wireless mics are setup on the camera, and was wondering if Adam was using a wireless mic system for this video? Thanks guys for your response (in advance)
Old 01-28-2009, 10:43 AM
Elk

Welcome to the site Kevin!!!!! You're gonna like it here!!!!!!