#11  
Old 11-24-2008, 05:07 PM
Monie's Avatar
Monie Monie is offline
Moose
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kokomo, In.
Posts: 3,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxStarr View Post
LESS!!!

For the last few years I have been sickened by the whole "You have to buy everyone you know a present" and "The more expensive the present, the more you like that person" ideas. Who comes up with this?
Blame merchants. It's a mass marketing strategy.

I agree. It seems like Christmas has lost it's meaning. Anymore it's daunting to go to your relation's house, open 20 million presents, pig out and then load up and go home. BLECH! I don't want it. They should call it something other than Christmas, because most people certainly do not celebrate Christ or the reason behind the season!
__________________
If you're not leaning, no one can let you down.

http://www.huntsd.net/

http://www.beesource.com/forums/index.php

http://www.purgatoryironworks.com
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-24-2008, 05:11 PM
bullmoose38's Avatar
bullmoose38 bullmoose38 is offline
Moose
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pine Grove, PA
Posts: 2,590
Default

probably a little less.
__________________
Spittler's Custom Game Calls
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-24-2008, 05:14 PM
Flintlock1776's Avatar
Flintlock1776 Flintlock1776 is offline
Caribou
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 569
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxStarr View Post
LESS!!!

For the last few years I have been sickened by the whole "You have to buy everyone you know a present" and "The more expensive the present, the more you like that person" ideas. Who comes up with this?

!
Sio, you are not getting me anything this year?









__________________
Remember the 343

George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-24-2008, 05:49 PM
bearhunterfromthestart's Avatar
bearhunterfromthestart bearhunterfromthestart is offline
Antelope
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: dairy state :D
Posts: 150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxStarr View Post
For the last few years I have been sickened by the whole "You have to buy everyone you know a present" and "The more expensive the present, the more you like that person" ideas. Who comes up with this?
i normally make my friends chocolate truffels or some sort of food, since every teenager loves to eat. haha.
but in the family we make one present and buy one present for each person. the made ones are always the best and mean so much more. my mom made me this awesome quilt with black bears on it. i love it! its really warm and i can always use it (never out grow it).
__________________
&& before you'll ever get it;;
u gotta admit that you want it*

2009 count
1 bear (bow)
1 turkey (20 gauge)

www.bigwoodstaxidermy.com
www.bigbearscents.com
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-24-2008, 06:25 PM
pbg40g's Avatar
pbg40g pbg40g is offline
Elk
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newnan, GA
Posts: 912
Default

for us it's less. much less.

We plan to only spend on gifts for Robby (my stepson), if we spend at all. My stint of short-term disability back when I had my hip done kinda knocked the wind out of our financial sails this year.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-25-2008, 08:39 AM
TxStarr's Avatar
TxStarr TxStarr is offline
Caribou
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: East Texas
Posts: 544
Send a message via Yahoo to TxStarr
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flintlock1776 View Post
Sio, you are not getting me anything this year?









Um, no, probably not. Unless you want to share in the warmth and love I am giving my ex who now swears he has seen the error of his ways and is soooooooo sorry for all the grief he and his other woman gave me . . . <a href='http://www.mysmiley.net/free-sick-smileys.php' title='sick smileys'><img src='http://img2.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/innocent/innocent0009.gif' alt='sick smileys' border='0'></a> I am sure there will be plenty of that to go around.
__________________
•The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.
•Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead.
•My God, I'm outliving my henna.
-- Lucille Ball
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-25-2008, 09:24 AM
Monie's Avatar
Monie Monie is offline
Moose
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kokomo, In.
Posts: 3,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearhunterfromthestart View Post
i normally make my friends chocolate truffels or some sort of food, since every teenager loves to eat. haha.
but in the family we make one present and buy one present for each person. the made ones are always the best and mean so much more. my mom made me this awesome quilt with black bears on it. i love it! its really warm and i can always use it (never out grow it).
That is an awesome tradition!! Everyone should do that! I bet those homemade presents really are the best. How awesome.


Quote:
Originally Posted by pbg40g View Post
for us it's less. much less.

We plan to only spend on gifts for Robby (my stepson), if we spend at all. My stint of short-term disability back when I had my hip done kinda knocked the wind out of our financial sails this year.
WHy not just make a little something for each other? Better yet, how about some I.O.U.'s? One year I was out of work and literally had no money. I made up little I.O.U.'s, dressed them up with markers and ribbon, and gave those as presents. There's lots of stuff you can do.


Say, for your wife, you could gave an I.O.U. for a backrub. She could give you one for a footrub. Maybe give her an I.O.U. for a half or full week's worth of doing dishes or other chores, while she relaxes. Being a man of faith, you of all people should know that Christmas really isn't about presents.
__________________
If you're not leaning, no one can let you down.

http://www.huntsd.net/

http://www.beesource.com/forums/index.php

http://www.purgatoryironworks.com
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-25-2008, 11:38 AM
TxStarr's Avatar
TxStarr TxStarr is offline
Caribou
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: East Texas
Posts: 544
Send a message via Yahoo to TxStarr
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monie View Post
WHy not just make a little something for each other? Better yet, how about some I.O.U.'s? One year I was out of work and literally had no money. I made up little I.O.U.'s, dressed them up with markers and ribbon, and gave those as presents. There's lots of stuff you can do.


Say, for your wife, you could gave an I.O.U. for a backrub. She could give you one for a footrub. Maybe give her an I.O.U. for a half or full week's worth of doing dishes or other chores, while she relaxes. Being a man of faith, you of all people should know that Christmas really isn't about presents.
HOOOOOONNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYY!!! If I got an I.O.U. for doing the dishes I would be in high cotton!!! When we first got married I picked up a plate and showed the bottom of it to dh and asked him if he saw the legs and feet under there. When he said no, I then asked him 'well, how do you think the stinking thing walks to the sink without legs?' Humph!

Great idea!! I'm thinking I'll gift myself with I.O.U.'s from him since he always says he doesn't know what to buy . . . hmmm . . . now there's one for handing over the remote with no whining, one for doing the dishes, one for cooking a meal (any stinking meal and no cheating by doing peanut butter and jelly sandwiches!!!), oh the possibilities are endless!!!
__________________
•The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.
•Once in his life, every man is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead.
•My God, I'm outliving my henna.
-- Lucille Ball
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-25-2008, 11:47 AM
cpd realpolice cpd realpolice is offline
Black Bear
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: chicago
Posts: 382
Default

probably a little less.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-25-2008, 12:10 PM
Monie's Avatar
Monie Monie is offline
Moose
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kokomo, In.
Posts: 3,596
Default

rotflmao!!!! You go girl!!!!

See, Paul?!?! Give the girl something she really wants for Christmas, a husband to do some chores, too!! lol
__________________
If you're not leaning, no one can let you down.

http://www.huntsd.net/

http://www.beesource.com/forums/index.php

http://www.purgatoryironworks.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump