Old 10-04-2008, 07:37 PM
Muley

Default Another South Dakota Posse adventure

Scott and Kevin showed up just a few minutes ago and right now are out glassing mule deer getting ready for the hunt. Scott has a rifle Antelope license and they both have archery deer licenses. I will try to keep you updated on how they do and do not forget to look at the other South Dakota Posse post to see the pictures of the archery antelope Kevin got a couple weeks ago.
Old 10-04-2008, 07:46 PM
Black Bear

Tell minni me I said sorry, sorry, sorry ,sorry
Old 10-04-2008, 07:56 PM
Muley

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
Tell minni me I said sorry, sorry, sorry ,sorry
They just got back and said they saw lots and lots of deer and I heard the story about sorry sorry sorry and I almost hurt from laughing so hard. That's a great one.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:09 PM
Muley

I know they were in antelope all day but have not got any details and will try to post them ASAP. I'm just listening to what they are talking about in the living room and sounded like lots of action.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:00 PM
Muley

Default Message from Kevin

This is kevin man was today great!!! Scott and I saw over 100 antelope. We got within 250 yds of 5 different great bucks. we got good footage of all of them. Scott decided to pass on all of them the first day to see what Randy has to offer. Tomorrow should be the day we would prefer for them to be within 200 yds for the footage we want. We will keep you posted of the days ahead.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:31 AM
Musk Ox

Hopefully you'll see some shooters! Good Luck!

-----------------------------
I'm Proof As To What Little Girls Are Made Of
**GUNPOWDER & LEAD**
-----------------------------
Old 10-06-2008, 09:45 AM
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip View Post
This is kevin man was today great!!! Scott and I saw over 100 antelope. We got within 250 yds of 5 different great bucks. we got good footage of all of them. Scott decided to pass on all of them the first day to see what Randy has to offer. Tomorrow should be the day we would prefer for them to be within 200 yds for the footage we want. We will keep you posted of the days ahead.
Did Randy's mom threaten to beat Scott for not shooting one??

http://www.huntsd.net/

http://www.beesource.com/forums/index.php

http://www.purgatoryironworks.com
Old 10-06-2008, 03:34 PM
Muley

Hey all.......Scott here.
Kevin left out one important detail on the antelope I passed on.......they were out of camera range!!!!

There is one particular buck that has my attention.....a super wide buck that would look awesome on the wall. We've also been keeping our eye on a couple nice, black faced bucks with nice horns....but they are missing in action today.

We just returned from our new favorite spot where we had several bucks in range but no shooters. We made a small hiding spot out of sage brush and will be back there tomorrow.

As far as mule deer go.....Terry put us on a spot this morning that we thought would be a good starting point for glassing and we ended up having a BOOMER buck almost walk into our laps. It was our first encounter after first light and it sure got the 'ol heart pumping. We thought we were set up perfectly but swirling winds that we were unaware of put an end to that encounter.

We saw a total of 4 nice shooter mulies this morning and we already have a plan for them this afternoon.

That's all for now.....I need to go wake Kevin up from his 4th nap of the day

Scott
Old 10-06-2008, 09:03 PM
Caribou

Keep after em buddy! Good luck!

"I suppose it's the way of hunters. We are very odd fellows." ~ Peter Hathaway Capstick
Old 10-08-2008, 07:25 AM
Caribou

Goat down!!!

"I suppose it's the way of hunters. We are very odd fellows." ~ Peter Hathaway Capstick