Old 01-20-2009, 09:41 AM
Caribou

Send a message via Yahoo to TxStarr
Default Turkeys and Ralph

Did anyone see the show this week? They're hunting turkeys (no, no, Ralph doesn't get shot!!) and hogs.

The show was great and it was wonderful to see Ralph taking his mom hunting (although he could have slowed down a bit so she did not have to almost run to keep up with him!).

As for someone being a total idiot and saying something about her using a crossbow instead of a compound bow, well, I think Ralph was nice in what he said. Who would even think of saying something stupid like that? Or dare to write it down and send it? Sheesh! Can you tell that made me madder than a wet hen?!?!?

So I had to post and say:

You go Ralph!!

Take your mom hunting as long as she wants to go and let her use the weapon of her choice. If someone has a problem with that, then you send them to me and I will show them how us Texas women settle an argument!!!

Stinking idiots!!!
-- Lucille Ball
Old 01-20-2009, 10:53 AM
Musk Ox

Makes ya wonder if some of these folks, who write such things, have ever even watched the show?

Why would Ralph and Vicki call their show THE CHOICE if that's not what they meant? Reckon the right to CHOOSE what weapon is used is beyond some folks!

Proud Parent of a Marine
Old 01-20-2009, 12:57 PM
Bighorn

I was glad to see Ralph put his ill-will about turkey hunting aside. He's not the biggest fan after all.

Always good to see mom's out there getting it done.

Go Mom!
Old 01-23-2009, 06:12 PM
Black Bear

cool show... way to go ma!
Old 02-24-2009, 09:45 AM
Elk

I'm not Rick's biggest fan but... well never mind.

Good going Ralph! And yes, Texas women are tough nuts to crack that's for sure! Hate to meet one in a dark alley. Sweet as can be but tough as nails!

Kevin

Pro Staff: Bowtech, Alpen Optics, ThermaCELL, Hawglite, RedHawk Archery, StarrFlight Archery, ProString, Valkyrie Archery, Global Outfitters, Buck Bomb, Mossy Oak
Old 03-04-2009, 06:36 PM
Muley

Hi TxStar and everyone, Thanks for the support and it is sad that we all as hunters pick eachother apart, if we would all just realize we are in this ALL togehter and turn around go against those groups who do nothing for wildlife, who spend NO money keeping game wardens in the field, who never purchase a hunting license, who never buy anything that we as hunters purchase and are charged the 11% Pittman/Robinson TAX Act that all goes for wildlife and preservation of habitat, growing the life style we all love and for many other projects to help grow this industry.

No, all we want to do is fight for our children to have and live this wonderful lifestyle and freedom that we call hunting and the outdoors. We truly appreciate all you and we hope someday to sahre campfires with each one of you and your families...God Bless and let's stick togehter.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:54 PM
Antelope

Ralph, Vicki and the ACM gang: That was an awesome message. We really do need to stick together, or some of those things we love will not just slip away, they'll be taken away - forever. And if we do not foster this love of the outdoors and all things wild in our younger generation, NO ONE ELSE WILL!! Having said that, I think the folks in this forum are on the right track. In closing, any of you are welcome to share my campfire, anytime. (Just let me know when so I can get ready. I don't want to get stampeded. LOL.)

Gord