Old 09-25-2008, 10:44 AM
Caribou

Send a message via Yahoo to TxStarr
Smile Bow Season in Texas!!

I don't know about the rest of y'all but our bow season here in E. Texas starts SATURDAY!!! I am like a little kid the night before Christmas!!! Will keeps telling me to calm down and all that (mainly b/c he has to work all weekend and doesn't get to go until later on in the week!!!) but who can freaking calm down?!?!?!

How sad is it that I am this excited about bow season but not over anything "girly"?
-- Lucille Ball
Old 09-25-2008, 11:10 AM
Black Bear

It's been going in MO for over a week. I saw pics from one guy that has already taken 3 deer! 2 does and 8 point buck.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:17 AM
Caribou

Can I just say, MO sucks!!!! How dare they get to hunt before us?!?!?!?!
-- Lucille Ball
Old 09-25-2008, 11:21 AM
Black Bear

Well, if makes you feel any better, I've only gotten out for one evening hunt. And I didn't even expect to get out! I don't have any places to go that are close by and being on call limits how far I can go.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:46 AM
Caribou

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOvenatic View Post
Well, if makes you feel any better, I've only gotten out for one evening hunt. And I didn't even expect to get out! I don't have any places to go that are close by and being on call limits how far I can go.
Nope. Not feeling better. Still a whole week of opportunity before us . . . a friend in NM got to go antelope hunting a few weeks ago and that upset me. He won't get to go again until Jan. when he will be hunting whitetails but the fact that he got to hunt before we had anything in season bummed me out. I was sad and lonely. My poor bow even got depressed . . .
-- Lucille Ball
Old 09-25-2008, 11:57 AM
Caribou

Send a message via Yahoo to Cherokeechass

Shannon glad to see your excited! I don't get excited over girly things either. I hope you get some sleep the night before! lol
Old 09-25-2008, 01:29 PM
Caribou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeechass View Post
Shannon glad to see your excited! I don't get excited over girly things either. I hope you get some sleep the night before! lol
The night before?!?!?! I haven't slept a full night since sometime last week!!!! To be fair, I have been trying to finish all of my crochet works in progress so I can start fresh on the stand Saturday (4 baby blankets, 2 dress towel toppers, 1 dress grocery bag holder done and almost finished with a turquoise & hot pink afghan for my friend's daughter and the other grocery bag holder). Whew!!!

So I might end up napping in the blind on Saturday b/c I've had maybe three hours sleep for days now!!! Will keeps telling me I need to go to bed but I am too wound up and end up staying up crocheting and watching TV . . . I'm sure there is an official name for the disease I have!
-- Lucille Ball
Old 09-25-2008, 01:50 PM
Caribou

Send a message via Yahoo to Cherokeechass

You better give them hands a rest or you'll get arthitis. My mom-mom crocheted and knitted and sewed. We used to say she could fix a broken turd. Take some tylenol pm and get some rest girl. You can get us girls more points if your snoring in the stand! lol
Old 09-26-2008, 06:30 PM
Elk

As long as your only using camo colors----you can crochet while on stand!!! What a great story that would be!!! Good luck to all the Texans getting to start their season tomorrow!!!!
Good luck to anyone else that starts or will be hunting tomorrow as well, I'll be at work!!!! But, temps will cool down next week and I'm off 12 days if I want to be!!!! Oh yeahhhhh!!!!!!
Old 09-29-2008, 07:41 AM
Caribou

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybowhntr View Post
As long as your only using camo colors----you can crochet while on stand!!! What a great story that would be!!! Good luck to all the Texans getting to start their season tomorrow!!!!
Good luck to anyone else that starts or will be hunting tomorrow as well, I'll be at work!!!! But, temps will cool down next week and I'm off 12 days if I want to be!!!! Oh yeahhhhh!!!!!!
Um, well actually, I was crocheting a pumpkin candy bag this weekend. It's orange and you have to wear orange when you are hunting anywhere other than private so I thought orange was appropriate!!!

Saw a doe and two yearlings Saturday. Saw a baby who still had spots on his flanks Sunday. None of them were what I was looking for so I just watched them and kept crocheting!!! I also started and finished two books and took some awesome naps between morning and afternoon hunts!!! Whew what a chore this weekend was!
-- Lucille Ball