Go Back   Archer's Choice Media Forums > Archer's Choice Media Forums > The ACM Hang Out

View Poll Results: What do you feel is the most important piece of your bow hunting gear is?
Bow 9 45.00%
Rest 2 10.00%
Sight 0 0%
Release 1 5.00%
Stabilizer 0 0%
Arrow 1 5.00%
Broadhead 7 35.00%
Sling 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2008, 05:37 AM
Black Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb View Post
broadhead,

you can send any arrow through any bow down range, but to kill a deer you got to have a good broadhead.

example: how many deer did you kill when you were a kid with a peice of crap bow? ever kill a deer with no release, rest, sight, sling, stabilizer?? I have, recurve, longbow ect..

I agree with your example 100%. And Iíll even agree with the fact that you can send any arrow through any bow down range. But will not agree that it will consistently hit itís mark.

Which gets to my point, the arrow by far is the most important item to archery! This is true no matter what type of bow you shoot be it: compound, recurve, long bow, ect. It all comes down to the fact that if your arrow does not hit there mark nothing else matters. And all arrows are not created equal and do not fly the same. I see all sorts of arrows some good and some that should be used as tomato steaks. My point is that I see a lot of people dumping a lot of money on bows and accessories, then want to shoot some cheap not very straight and inconsistently spined arrows. Why? They would be better off spending a little less on every thing else and buying a good quality arrow instead.

Take a kid out shooting. Try 3-D, they love it.

Hoyt Carbon Matrix Plus- Now On Order!!!
FMJ
Scent Lok