Go Back   Archer's Choice Media Forums > Archer's Choice Media Forums > The ACM Hang Out

View Poll Results: What do you feel is the most important piece of your bow hunting gear is?
Bow 9 45.00%
Rest 2 10.00%
Sight 0 0%
Release 1 5.00%
Stabilizer 0 0%
Arrow 1 5.00%
Broadhead 7 35.00%
Sling 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-25-2008, 04:51 PM
Black Bear

This is great. I like seeing that some arenít sure but are still willing to answer and others are very as a matter of fact. I really want to know what people think, there is no right or wrong answer that I know of. But I do have a opinion of what I believe it is. Iím still going to let the poll grow for awhile longer before I post my answer and explain why I picked it.

Take a kid out shooting. Try 3-D, they love it.

Hoyt Carbon Matrix Plus- Now On Order!!!
FMJ
Scent Lok
Old 09-26-2008, 08:53 AM
Caribou

I've been thinking it over and i'm going with none of the above (I know not an option) I don't think you can narrow it down to one item, the whole package is most important. If you have a great bow but have the wrong arrows or a bad rest or sight your package is not effective or vise-versa. My point is we spend alot of time and money to get an effective package and all on the list are important along with some items not on the list. Good thread, thanks for making think of that.
SLICK TRICKS
APEX NITRUS SIGHT
Old 09-26-2008, 06:46 PM
Elk

I had to vote for bow--without it, the rest of the stuff is useless. Unless you can throw an arrow like a spear !!!!
Old 09-26-2008, 06:49 PM
Caribou

What, no choice "practice"?

George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Old 09-26-2008, 06:50 PM
Caribou

Bow, from there on all else follows.

George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2Scott Strauss NYPD ESU
Old 09-29-2008, 11:52 PM
Black Bear

OK, time to start with my point(s). With 40% of the votes for bows, Lets take a look at that choice. Do you think a top of the line hunting bow(pick one) shoots more consistent than lets say a entry level bow(like a pse deer hunter or something like it)? Thoughts? Do you think that to days entry level bows can not be shot consistently? Why?

FMJ
Scent Lok
Old 09-30-2008, 08:05 AM
Musk Ox

I'm shooting what most would consider an entry level bow. While it's not as quiet or as fast as the high end bows, it's pretty accurate.

Proud Parent of a Marine
Old 09-30-2008, 08:41 AM
Caribou

Send a message via Yahoo to TxStarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowmike View Post
OK, time to start with my point(s). With 40% of the votes for bows, Lets take a look at that choice. Do you think a top of the line hunting bow(pick one) shoots more consistent than lets say a entry level bow(like a pse deer hunter or something like it)? Thoughts? Do you think that to days entry level bows can not be shot consistently? Why?
I shoot a Parker Buckshot. My husband shoots a Matthews Switchback and, of the 4 guys we shoot with all the time, there's a PSE, Bowtech, Martin, and another Matthews switchback. My bow won't shoot as far as their but is just as accurate (depending on whether I am accurate or not!!!) and as quiet. I think accuracy depends more on the person who is shooting than on the actual bow. As the guys say, they have killed deer with cheap bows they started out with and they have killed deer with the more expensive they can afford now. It's the person doing the same thing over and over and the practice they put in that determines the accuracy of the shot. And the success of the hunt depends on shot placement NOT how much weight you are drawing or how much you spent on your bow.
-- Lucille Ball
Old 09-30-2008, 10:42 AM
Antelope

broadhead,

you can send any arrow through any bow down range, but to kill a deer you got to have a good broadhead.

example: how many deer did you kill when you were a kid with a peice of crap bow? ever kill a deer with no release, rest, sight, sling, stabilizer?? I have, recurve, longbow ect..
Old 10-01-2008, 05:09 AM
Black Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxStarr View Post
I shoot a Parker Buckshot. My husband shoots a Matthews Switchback and, of the 4 guys we shoot with all the time, there's a PSE, Bowtech, Martin, and another Matthews switchback. My bow won't shoot as far as their but is just as accurate (depending on whether I am accurate or not!!!) and as quiet. I think accuracy depends more on the person who is shooting than on the actual bow. As the guys say, they have killed deer with cheap bows they started out with and they have killed deer with the more expensive they can afford now. It's the person doing the same thing over and over and the practice they put in that determines the accuracy of the shot. And the success of the hunt depends on shot placement NOT how much weight you are drawing or how much you spent on your bow.
Iím glade that you can see that even entry level bows have the same accuracy as the more expensive ones. And yes the more money you spend on a bow does get you nicer features. Now Iím not trying to put down having a high end bow by any means, in fact thatís all I have. I like them Iím just trying to prove a point.

FMJ
Scent Lok